+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let’s Go Long – November 15, 2011

Hybrid View

Putting on short term discretionary hedges would make sense to me if they are good trade setups on their own, (perhaps on a smaller timeframe compared to the main trade) not just as a hedge for insurance reasons. I'm also hedged from time to time but as a result of different systems/trade setups taking an opposite direction at some point in time, not for insurance.

True about the option traders. I don't trade options tough. I like to keep things as simple as possible. My goal is to make trading as relax as possible. That's also why I try to avoid looking at the market while it's open as much as possible.

understood

Rembert,

You sound mature enough to know your strengths and weaknesses.

One year in, I remain an explorer. It is not what I'm trained to do. And I've considered the possibility of taking robot positions and carrying on with some research projects that interest me. But, I remind myself one thing: I started with this investment trek when I came to the conclusion that I could not trust mutual funds or other professionals with our hard-earned money. So, I continue to babysit. And as I watch, I experiment and learn. I find this enjoyable.

I post some findings for entertainment and pedigogical purposes only.

My hedges over night look good this morning: TVIX, TZA, and ZSL.

Best
    Last edited by nickola.pazderic; 11-16-2011 at 09:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread