Thread: Some applications in leading stocks

Threaded View

Some applications in leading stocks

Hi Y'all,

As some may remember, Mike Scott kindly reminded me not to worry intra-day buy points when buying leading stocks. The problem (?) for me is that I'm drawn to precise entries.

In the Algo & Multi-Pivots Forum we cover some very instructive and profitable entries and exits. Perhaps others would be willing to share some trades they have taken, while employing floor pivots.

Thus, I start a thread with a trade of my own. Of course, the thread may disappear into deep EV archives in 24 hours or so. But, I hope others will post some trades for pedagogical and entertainment purposes only, of course.

If you cannot make money out of the leading active issues, you are not going to
    make money out of the stock market. That is where the action is and where the
    money is to be made
    .”

-- Jesse Livermore

Name:  HANS1.PNG
Views: 295
Size:  72.8 KB

This is a leading stock.

Also note the EV rating:

Name:  hans.PNG
Views: 304
Size:  83.8 KB

November 4 presented a so-called “pocket pivot” high volume breakout, called by Dr. K. in his VoSI real time email notice.

Name:  HANS2.PNG
Views: 300
Size:  58.5 KB

I watched it Friday, but I decided to buy it, not according to the price action on Nov. 4, but according to the floor pivots in the days to come. I reasoned it would pull back enough to get me a good entry. I waited with my order at WPP, and I was filled 4 hours after the market opened on Monday, November 7.

Name:  Floor Pivots for HANS.PNG
Views: 266
Size:  57.9 KB

Perhaps Billy or others will be amused in that I chose WPP as the entry. I have no weighted resistance/support clusters, and I don't know how to create them precisely. That is, I eyeballed it. Talk about precision! (Any critical comments are very welcome and greatly appreciated).

I suppose this will be a volatile and unpredictable ride. Kevin Marder --from whose recent report I draw the above Jessie Livermore quote-- doesn't like the base of HANS. But it is reasonable, I think, to choose one Livermore-leading stock and take the chance on a momentum breakout. Simple as that.
    Last edited by nickola.pazderic; 11-07-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: readability