+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conflicting Settings Again - November 4, 2011

Conflicting Settings Again - November 4, 2011

Forum Clusters 111104.xlsx

All we can say about IWM is that the expected trading range that I wrote about last weekend is becoming reality and the ETF is now near the middle point on the Weekly pivot (74.51).

Depending on the reaction to the employment report or other headline news, I see it as having as many chances to hit first SS1 (77.56) than SS2 (72.33). Indeed, there are only weak daily levels to cushion any move in any direction. Such a setup, combined with conflicting LT/ST settings from the robot, doesn’t provide any proactive edge whatsoever.
    Billy

Name:  iwm111104.gif
Views: 311
Size:  45.8 KB
    Name:  gdx111104.gif
Views: 265
Size:  44.1 KB

Hi Billy,
    At your convenience can you tell me how you get the SS pivot points on tc2000. My tc2000 shows every period except the SS.
    Thanks,
    Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    Hi Billy,
    At your convenience can you tell me how you get the SS pivot points on tc2000. My tc2000 shows every period except the SS.
    Thanks,
    Buzz
    Buzz,

They are the semester (half-yearly) levels. I update the multi levels manually in TC2000. You can easily find their values in the Forum Clusters file that I post daily. All levels in the file are using Yahoo Finance data, not TC2000 data.

As a reminder, you must only use the highs, lows and close of the previous period. Current SS levels are using data from January,1 to June, 30. The formulas for calculating pivots are as follows:
    Resistance 3 = High + 2*(Pivot - Low)
    Resistance 2 = Pivot + (R1 - S1)
    Resistance 1 = 2 * Pivot - Low
    Pivot Point = ( High + Close + Low )/3
    Support 1 = 2 * Pivot - High
    Support 2 = Pivot - (R1 - S1)
    Support 3 = Low - 2*(High - Pivot)

Billy

Thank you, i've got it.

Hi Billy,

A lot of people have been pointing to the 30-min head and shoulders pattern that is forming on the IWM (and, conversely the SPY). Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lulzasaur View Post
    Hi Billy,

A lot of people have been pointing to the 30-min head and shoulders pattern that is forming on the IWM (and, conversely the SPY). Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

See http://www.effectivevolume.com/showt...r-2-2011/page2

Ah, I must have missed that. Thanks Andrei.

+ Reply to Thread