I believe another person compared P&F with your system. I don't get the comparison; nor do I get the point that it uses (or is a function) of other indicators. Yours is a MA and derivative MA system while P&F is a Support and Resistance identification system. The philosophies behind their design is IMHO dramatically different I believe.

In regards to using other indicators, what I was referring to is how Tom Dorsey, of Dorsey Wright, a major proponent of P&F analysis, uses P&F indicators. As mentioned earlier, he identifies certain P&F charts (10-Wk BP, HiLo, etc.) as more sensitive to short-term changes in market behavior; other charts such as 30-Wk BP are longer term in nature and will take longer to turn. My point, which I should have made clearer, is the P&F system can be used as a timing tool to manage market exposure. However, all "indicators" are merely different P&F chart measurements.

In regards to P&F and MA, simply put, how one measures something can be quite different than what one measures. For instance, MA can certainly be used to identify support and resistance levels, just as P&F does. And to the degree Paul is using moving averages (slope and slope of the slope) over different timescales to gauge market behavior, one can use P&F charts (e.g., an increase in the number of individal stocks' P&F bullish percentage) to effectively "see" the same behavior.

To me, it's opposite sides of the same coin.