+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    Time and sales with a filter...This is something I will look into.
    I should add that in a fast market I find it very difficult to read T&S because I'm looking at the change in velocity and trying to see if the big orders are coming in around inflection points. It's been a bit better lately as ATR has contracted (at least in my market, the ES).

Quote Originally Posted by EB View Post
    Yes, thanks Paul.

@Nickola: Just keep in mind that by altering the robot in any way, including the addition of hedges, creates an entirely new system that has not been backtested. You might very well outperform based on the addition of systematic or discretionary changes, but any security you feel from the backtested edges will be illusory.
    EB

I take it from your comments that trading ES provides even better returns than mechanically trading the Robots . Your long term returns must be phenomenal. :O)

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by manucastle View Post
    EB

I take it from your comments that trading ES provides even better returns than mechanically trading the Robots . Your long term returns must be phenomenal. :O)

Trev
    I go through rough patches like every one else, and bear markets have been especially tricky for me. The draw back to discretionary trading is it doesn't necessarily scale. Moving up in size takes significant psychic capital, whereas a robot is only theoretically constrained by liquidity concerns (unlikely to be reached by most). Actually, one of my long term goals is to produce an intraday eMini robot.

Quote Originally Posted by EB View Post
    I go through rough patches like every one else, and bear markets have been especially tricky for me. The draw back to discretionary trading is it doesn't necessarily scale. Moving up in size takes significant psychic capital, whereas a robot is only theoretically constrained by liquidity concerns (unlikely to be reached by most). Actually, one of my long term goals is to produce an intraday eMini robot.
    Sounds good and I hope you can keep us posted !

Trev

+ Reply to Thread