Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Adam and Harry,

3) I read cum TICK as a market makers algo detector and 20 DMF as a large players algo detector. I want to see them behaving in synch to feel comfortable with holding positions overnight. I give much more weight to the 20 DMF. For example, a strong last 30-minutes 20 DMF with a weak cum TICK suggests that the cum TICK drop is just a very short term tactic by market makers to re-load their own inventories because they are seeing large players accumulation growing. They like to reload around the day’s VWAP and around pivot and other floor levels, hence the help from the multi-pivots roadmap.
Very interesting, thank you.

4) For the same reason, yes, it is important to take into account cum TICK divergences with price like the one on Tuesday mentioned by Adam. All we saw were rising cum TICK moving averages and cum TICK holding above the averages and bouncing above the ½ day average. We could discretionarily conclude that the uptrend was not over yet. A close below any of the averages would have been a warning sign.
I think yesterday was also the case.

5) As soon as the automatic real-time 20 DMF will become operational, Pascal will backtest it with cum TICK strategies. If significant edges can be found, this could become the foundation for a real-time robot tracking the highest probabilities of success from the combination of large institutional players programs (20 DMF) and market makers programs (cum TICK). Other strategies with high probabilities of success would also be included.

Billy
Sounds fantastic. And I'm happy you guys keep having great ideas and work to improve the already excellent robots.