+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Questions from a new member

Harry, thanks much for the patience and understanding and Billy I finally get it, thank you.
    Please indulge me for one final dumb question today, I promise.

Looking at the performance numbers for the IWM trades (avoiding neutral signals) I see that the exit price is always in the area of 3.25 to 3.5% from the highest high or lowest low over the holding period of the trade when the reason is SL (stop loss). But when the reason was MF on the 8/24 to 8/31 trade, the exit price was only .016 away from the hightest high during that period. Is there an MF signal during the day?

How does the ROBOT manage stops?

How does the ROBOT manage stops?
    We don't know. The trailing stop is an adaptive volatility based system if I remember correctly. Something similar to the chandelier exit would be my guess. But the exact working is a secret :)

The stop limits are determined via Billy and Pascal work. The work involves use of ATR, volatility, pivot weighting, etc., I believe? The exact formula for the IWM robot stop limits is proprietary.

The MF signal comes from the 20DMF that Pascal calculates and periodically updates throughout the day. At the top of the main webpage you should see a link for it. If you click on it and scroll down, you will see a zoomed version that Pascal sometimes updates during the trading day if he's available. At the bottom are the rules for the 20DMF. So, for example, if the IWM robot is long and yet the 20DMF issues a sell signal, the Robot will exit it's position. When we are getting close to such a situation, Pascal or Billy will post a heads up message in the forum

Harry

I think I'm up to speed. Thanks to you all again. bz

Robot Stats

Hi shawn_molodow,

I find your Excelfile (Robot Stats - Q4 2011 - Group Post" very good!
    I'm going to use something like take to further track the daily numbers that Pascal put's on the robotpages
    I'm lacking the numbers of yesterday (10/12/2011)
    would it be possible to place an updated excelfile (with your personal stuff off course removed) in this thread?

Kind regards

PdP

IWM Robot #'s for 10/12/11

Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
    Hi shawn_molodow,

I find your Excelfile (Robot Stats - Q4 2011 - Group Post" very good!
    I'm going to use something like take to further track the daily numbers that Pascal put's on the robotpages
    I'm lacking the numbers of yesterday (10/12/2011)
    would it be possible to place an updated excelfile (with your personal stuff off course removed) in this thread?

Kind regards

PdP
    Hi PdP:

Here you go. There has not been any trades on IWM since Oct 11 trade close; so, I didn't get yesterday's ST & LT edges b/c I was busy, but I did record them on Oct 12.

Take care,

Shawn
    Attached Files

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_molodow View Post
    Hi PdP:

Here you go. There has not been any trades on IWM since Oct 11 trade close; so, I didn't get yesterday's ST & LT edges b/c I was busy, but I did record them on Oct 12.

Take care,

Shawn
    Thanks Shawn,

here are the numbers for the 13th: LT 0.35% - ST -0.35%

Greetings,

PdP

+ Reply to Thread