+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Questions from a new member

unable to access page

Hi Pascal,

Strange to address another person with my own name...

Thanks for your reply

I now have an other issue: I have made a subsription to both the Robots and to the EV database.
    I am trying to find my way around the hugh amount of information...
    When I try to access a post in "Value In Time" - "New introduction post from Bob English" and I click on the link to access "http://www.effectivevolume.com/showt...ead-this-first!", I get an error that I do not have permission to access that page?!?

Am I to novice to the forum?
    Are there pages that I can not access with a full paid subscription?
    Or is there an error in the link?

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by pdp-brugge View Post
    Hi Pascal,

Strange to address another person with my own name...

Thanks for your reply

I now have an other issue: I have made a subsription to both the Robots and to the EV database.
    I am trying to find my way around the hugh amount of information...
    When I try to access a post in "Value In Time" - "New introduction post from Bob English" and I click on the link to access "http://www.effectivevolume.com/showt...ead-this-first!", I get an error that I do not have permission to access that page?!?

Am I to novice to the forum?
    Are there pages that I can not access with a full paid subscription?
    Or is there an error in the link?

Please help!
    Please click on "Settings" in the right hand up corner.
    Go to "My Settings" - "Permission Groups" in the left-hand menu list.
    From there ask permission to join all forum groups you don'y belong to.
    Permission will be granted by each Forum Manager ASAP.
    Billy

I assume that the returns are based on successfully filled limit orders only. That is, limit orders that are placed at the open that DO NOT get filled are excluded. Is my assumption correct. thx, bz

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    I assume that the returns are based on successfully filled limit orders only. That is, limit orders that are placed at the open that DO NOT get filled are excluded. Is my assumption correct. thx, bz
    These returns are the true life official track records. All actual trades heve been executed at the indicated prices since being online.
    Billy

Billy, thanks for the reply, but being a rather novice trader, I'm still a little confused. After getting the ROBOT signals before the market opens each day, I place a limit order. Sometimes it gets filled, sometimes it doesn't eg. market gaps up and never looks back. If I continue this same procedure, am I matching the ROBOT, assuming I manage my stops in line with the ROBOT as well? Moreover, is my procedure correct?

Billy, thanks for the reply, but being a rather novice trader, I'm still a little confused. After getting the ROBOT signals before the market opens each day, I place a limit order. Sometimes it gets filled, sometimes it doesn't eg. market gaps up and never looks back. If I continue this same procedure, am I matching the ROBOT, assuming I manage my stops in line with the ROBOT as well? Moreover, is my procedure correct?
    You can only match the robot performance by following the recommended procedure which is to invest 100% of your allocated capital in the initial trade of each new signal, when a limit order – or better - has been executed. Then you must use the robot trailing stop.
    The robot never trades secondary entries and they are excluded from the track record. You are on your own risk management for all secondary entries.
    Billy

Buzzman,

Let me take a crack at answering your question.

The only position the the Robot counts for it's performance is the first entry that gets filled - all others are considered secondary entries that are up to you to manage risk, stop limits, exits, etc. So, if you want to mimic the Robot as reflected in the performance table, you need to only buy the initial entry and ignore all other signals until that initial entry closes. Closes to the initial position can come from conflicting LT/ST stats, stop limit or MF signal.

Harry

I really appreciate your efforts to help me. And I'm sorry to be so naive or just plain dumb, but my question doesn't relate so much to the ROBOTS performance but more to my entry procedure. If upon receiving a buy signal from the ROBOT, I place a limit order at the beginning of the next day and it doesn't get filled, do I just wait for the next buy signal opportunity because I'm assuming the ROBOTS buy limit order did not get filled either. Or do I take the next days ROBOT settings? I guess I'm asking how the ROBOTS order gets placed to meet the performance numbers if it doesn't get filled at the beginning of the next day.

I realize most everyone on this site is very experienced and I am so sorry to be asking such a dumb questions, but I love this process and this site, and I need some guidance.

I really appreciate your efforts to help me. And I'm sorry to be so naive or just plain dumb, but my question doesn't relate so much to the ROBOTS performance but more to my entry procedure. If upon receiving a buy signal from the ROBOT, I place a limit order at the beginning of the next day and it doesn't get filled, do I just wait for the next buy signal opportunity because I'm assuming the ROBOTS buy limit order did not get filled either. Or do I take the next days ROBOT settings? I guess I'm asking how the ROBOTS order gets placed to meet the performance numbers if it doesn't get filled at the beginning of the next day.

I realize most everyone on this site is very experienced and I am so sorry to be asking such a dumb questions, but I love this process and this site, and I need some guidance.
    If you place the recommended limit order and it is not filled, the robot’s order will neither be filled. You will see the position of the robot on its page the next day.
    You then must enter the exact same new limit price and setup than the robot for the next day. Note that If the robot can enter at a better price than the limit, it will adjust its initial stop price proportionally.
    Billy

Buzzman,

Keep asking questions. We were all there at some point, I myself have a ways to go on the learning curve.

We are all here to either become or help others become better traders. The worst thing you can do is lose money by being hesitant to ask a question.

Harry

+ Reply to Thread