+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: 20dmf

20dmf

Although the Upper panel is showing a positive MF, the lower panel has pushed below -90.
    If we close below -90, the 20DMF will cover its short position.

Pascal

Name:  20DMF.gif
Views: 466
Size:  29.2 KB

Cover Short

Pascal, if cover shorts signal is issued, is this going to be at today's close or tomorrow's open?

Thanks for this update

How will we know that the rubicon has been crossed at the close? Will you inform us?

Thanks always,

Quote Originally Posted by barsuk View Post
    Pascal, if cover shorts signal is issued, is this going to be at today's close or tomorrow's open?
    The 20DMF is only a market direction indicator. If the IWM Robot has to close a position, it will do it at the open tomorrow, but nothing is for certain.

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    How will we know that the rubicon has been crossed at the close? Will you inform us?

Thanks always,
    I will not know it myself, so we will wait for tomorrow.

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I will not know it myself, so we will wait for tomorrow.

Pascal

Pascal,

You stated on the IWM robot page, "The profit on the trade was 4.79%." Given all of the above, wouldn't the robot's profit be determined by Wednesday's opening price? That's when we'll be exiting.

Thanks,

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stoloff View Post
    Pascal,

You stated on the IWM robot page, "The profit on the trade was 4.79%." Given all of the above, wouldn't the robot's profit be determined by Wednesday's opening price? That's when we'll be exiting.

Thanks,

Neil
    Yes. You are right. I corrected the text accordingly and will also correct the trade records when we know the opening price today.

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Yes. You are right. I corrected the text accordingly and will also correct the trade records when we know the opening price today.

Pascal
    Thanks, Pascal. Forgive me, but I can't find the discussion of the change that occurred in the way you describe the strength of a buy or short signal. Is it still true that "strong buy" and "strong sell" are the trades that can be expected to deliver 80% of the robots' gains while they represent only 20% of all trades? I'm seeking to simplify things....

Thanks again,

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stoloff View Post
    Thanks, Pascal. Forgive me, but I can't find the discussion of the change that occurred in the way you describe the strength of a buy or short signal. Is it still true that "strong buy" and "strong sell" are the trades that can be expected to deliver 80% of the robots' gains while they represent only 20% of all trades? I'm seeking to simplify things....

Thanks again,

Neil
    Neil, the changes were explained in the following pdf. Billy
    The_IWM_Robot_Evolution[1].pdf

Billy and Pascal,

This is the first time I've seen this document. I'm surprised as I follow the board religiously. It's odd to me that the rules in this document indicate initiating a trade on parameters other than Strong, and yet the equity curve and drawdown statistics are both based on "Strong" signals. That doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread