+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 30 Year T-Bonds - Intermediate term trend change imminent?

Hybrid View

market vs. Fed

EB--

From all that I've read, the Federal Reserve Bank basically controls interest rates. I've been waiting for bond prices to drop since last August. Despite all political discourse, it seems to me that the Fed has decided it is in the best interest of the economy to have low rates. We hear that foreign countries will not buy US bonds at inflated prices, but these threats have not materialized-- so far as I can tell.

At a meeting in Seattle, Tom Sosnoff-- founder of ToS-- asked our group: Does anyone think bond prices can go higher? I was one of the few people who raised his hand, and so far I am right.

Call me a guru.. ha ha. In fact, your chart, while magnificent, is nearly incomprehensible to me.

Bob, thank you for this update.

Is there any specific reason why cycle curves fit so well to 30 Year T-Bonds? Or the answer would be: "Because they are cycles!"

Thanks.

Interestingly, when I look at the candle and volume for TLT today (ETF for 20-yr. govt. bonds), it seems to me to be the type of formation you typically see at a climax top. I remember seeing a formation like this in silver (SLV or perhaps the SI futures, or perhaps both...can't remember) early in the year when it peaked just below $50. I believe that is when Gil Morales exited silver, actually.

More info on climax tops: http://www.tradejuice.com/technical-...ax-top-AI.html

+ Reply to Thread