Thread: Nicolas Darvas: How I Made 2,000,000.00 in the Stock Market

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    That Pascal and Billy have made a robot of this complexity available to us is, to me, a dream come true.
    But the fact remains: if I invest according to the robots, I'll probably do better over the coming months than by any other method. A strange dillemma: if I do the work and take the chances necessary for me to learn the "hard lessons" of trading, I'll miss out on gains in the meantime.
    Great points everyone,

to me, being allowed to participate in the VIT group was already a dream come true even before the advent of the robots.

Personally, I believe I could continue to improve knowing that with all probabilities the robot will perform much, much better.

While it would be unwise for me to allocate only a reduced part of my portfolio to the robots, I still leave to myself a portion big enough to psychologically hurt me whenever I take a loss, as well as to flatter myself when it goes beyond my expectation.

But being humble is one of the greatest lessons the market teaches you, and I have to rember myself that I am here to "make money, not trades".

Bottom line: my portfolio is not being hurt too much by my losses, neither increased too much by my gains, but I keep making experience knowing that some time in the future I could not have a robot to "pat my shoulder".

For this reason, I obviously separate my personal performance from the one of the robot: one can still make good "easy" money but at the same time can keep growing to be a better trader.
    Last edited by roberto.giusto; 08-01-2011 at 06:28 AM.