+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Is It Really The Start of Something New? July 20, 2011

Is It Really The Start of Something New? July 20, 2011

Forum Clusters 110720.xlsx

The thriller movie is progressing into the bear trap scenario which unfortunately shook the IWM robot out of its long position on Monday’s lows. It’s part of the risk-management game. After missing the best rally day of 2011, the robot is once again looking to enter a new long position at $ 83.06, which was also the exact most frequent limit entry price recently. What’s encouraging is that the 20 DMF refused to turn short after still being one hair away from a sell signal around noon yesterday, and the first serious buy programs in a week finally triggered around 1:30 pm as detected by the cumulative $TICK.

Name:  tick110720.gif
Views: 1115
Size:  65.5 KB

As far as today’s setup is concerned, IWM is simply back in the trading range that held from Monday till Thursday of last week, above the strongest of all support clusters. The fact that it escaped a nasty selloff under the support cluster and bounced back fast and strong yesterday can suggest the resuming of the uptrend as bears and short sellers have been painfully shaken out and disgusted for a while. Just like last week, the easy target is YR1 (85.68).

Name:  iwm110720.gif
Views: 1110
Size:  46.6 KB

QQQ is the leading ETF and is already trading above its own YR1 (59.02) pre-market. The easy floor progression is over as it is entering an extremely strong resistance cluster with strength of 27. The ability of QQQ to progress by small leaps and bounces above SR1 and QR1 (59.72) without a serious pullback over the next few hours and days will tell us a lot about the true potential sustainability of the rally for the overall market.

Name:  qqq110720.gif
Views: 1127
Size:  42.2 KB

GDX is looking poised to test its first support cluster before a new assault at the SR1 and QR1 (62.12) levels. Ideally, it should allow new entries at 58.92 and quickly regain its 5-day moving average (59.74 and rising) for an easy continuation of the rally.
    Billy

Name:  gdx110720.gif
Views: 1055
Size:  43.9 KB

Many Tnx

Billy,

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate these daily comments, charts and xcel file.

Tnx

Ilona.

Billy,

Thanks for your excellent work.

Sorry if I have missed it before but where do I find your Cumalative Tick graph on Stockcharts ?

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Attachment 9402

The thriller movie is progressing into the bear trap scenario which unfortunately shook the IWM robot out of its long position on Monday’s lows. It’s part of the risk-management game. After missing the best rally day of 2011, the robot is once again looking to enter a new long position at $ 83.06, which was also the exact most frequent limit entry price recently. What’s encouraging is that the 20 DMF refused to turn short after still being one hair away from a sell signal around noon yesterday, and the first serious buy programs in a week finally triggered around 1:30 pm as detected by the cumulative $TICK.

Attachment 9400

As far as today’s setup is concerned, IWM is simply back in the trading range that held from Monday till Thursday of last week, above the strongest of all support clusters. The fact that it escaped a nasty selloff under the support cluster and bounced back fast and strong yesterday can suggest the resuming of the uptrend as bears and short sellers have been painfully shaken out and disgusted for a while. Just like last week, the easy target is YR1 (85.68).

Attachment 9401

QQQ is the leading ETF and is already trading above its own YR1 (59.02) pre-market. The easy floor progression is over as it is entering an extremely strong resistance cluster with strength of 27. The ability of QQQ to progress by small leaps and bounces above SR1 and QR1 (59.72) without a serious pullback over the next few hours and days will tell us a lot about the true potential sustainability of the rally for the overall market.

Attachment 9403

GDX is looking poised to test its first support cluster before a new assault at the SR1 and QR1 (62.12) levels. Ideally, it should allow new entries at 58.92 and quickly regain its 5-day moving average (59.74 and rising) for an easy continuation of the rally.
    Billy

Attachment 9399

Quote Originally Posted by manucastle View Post
    Billy,

Thanks for your excellent work.

Sorry if I have missed it before but where do I find your Cumalative Tick graph on Stockcharts ?

Trev
    You have to create your own

This will sound stupid but ...

-1- We always hear from technical analyst that previous support now becomes resistance. Why does cluster analysis ignore this "concept"?
    -2- Does Ichimoku supplement S/R analysis in any way then?
    -3- Finally, IWM is trading just below the Senkou Span A ( the bottom of the 60 minutes bearish cloud) which should act as resistance. For months now, you have no longer presented Ichimoku short term analysis. Is this by design because it no longer part of your investment process? I for one use them for risk and E(r) analysis and would be quite interested from time to time to get your view on this as far as IWM is concerned.

Pierre Brodeur

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Brodeur View Post
    You have to create your own
    Do you need a subscription to Stockcharts ?

Trev

replicating the chart

free stockcharts wouldn't give me the option. then i tried on tos. after a few minutes of that, i knew that if i didn't stop either i or the computer was going to go flying out the window. if someone would post 1) how much it costs on stockcharts 2) an easy process for altering the y axis measurements 3) how to get the mountains etc.... and this for any platform that doesn't cost an arm and a leg... i would be most grateful.

Cume Tick in TradeStation

For anyone who's interested, these are the settings for the out of the can "Custom 4 Lines" indicator in TradeStation that will replicate Billy's settings.

Name:  cumetick.PNG
Views: 1076
Size:  40.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EB View Post
    For anyone who's interested, these are the settings for the out of the can "Custom 4 Lines" indicator in TradeStation that will replicate Billy's settings.

Attachment 9409
    Thanks very much EB .

Trev

Cumulative TICK Questions

I have made a linkable version of a 3-day chart. Just change the number of days manually and "update" for other periods.
    http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$TICK&p=1&yr=0&mn=0&dy=3&id=p91815521896&a=18 0203587

I think you need to be a real-time subscriber ($34.90/month, but big discounts for yearly).

Billy

+ Reply to Thread