+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: Eric's Weekend Review

Thanks, very informative

Eric,

The contrast provided in these two articles is very informative and thought-provoking. The "tepid" quality of our current rally has never been more clear to me than now. Thanks!

Here are this weeks market observations. There are bullish and bearish perspectives one can find. After my review, I remain cautious. The action of leading stocks has me on high alert. Charles Kirk's Chart Show presents some balanced perspectives and Aly's CSI as usual highlights various scenarios in addition to top-notch sentiment analysis.

Best,
    Eric

Market Observations 10-22.pdf

Lots of good stuff out there, but too much to contain in my weekly notes, attached below. Please consult some great resources, too, especially Charles Kirk's Weekend Chart Show and Brian Shannon's free weekly videos. Additionally, Kevin Marder's reports on Marketwatch are frequent enough to stay on top of a selection of leading growth stocks. Of course, Pascal, Billy's, and Mike's daily comments and Aly's CSI, too. I really appreciate all those sources. If I had more time, I would expand my notes. Nonetheless, the main point is that shares have a bid, and that bid is from a subset of both growth and value oriented investors, depending on which stocks one is watching.

Have a great week.

Best,
    Eric

Market Observations 10-30.pdf

Please see attached the weekly report. I have chosen to narrow the focus since there is often too much to cover and feel that it is adequately done. I intend to focus on the most important things I come across while preparing my review. This will allow me to keep things a bit simpler. Please feel free to comment or give feedback, as one is always learning.

Best always,

Eric

Market Observations 11-5.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ericoleman View Post
    Please see attached the weekly report. I have chosen to narrow the focus since there is often too much to cover and feel that it is adequately done. I intend to focus on the most important things I come across while preparing my review. This will allow me to keep things a bit simpler. Please feel free to comment or give feedback, as one is always learning.

Best always,

Eric

Attachment 11321
    Another captivating read, Eric. In particular, your reviews of sector leadership and highlighting of individual names that are standing out provides a nice reference point for further research for those of us who so inclined.

Also, I particularly liked this sentence:
    Ultimately, one’s analysis is an attempt to contextualize the market, a very dynamic entity, into something a bit more manageable.
    Couldn't have said it better myself - and it seems especially pertinent right now, as there currently appear to be some smart people on both sides prepared to place aggressive bets.
    Last edited by asomani; 11-06-2011 at 11:56 PM.

One of the most challenging aspects of sharing one's analysis is the possibility of being wrong. This week highlights some of my observations, which lead me toward an increasingly positive view of equity markets. Now there are participants out there with more experience who are seeing things different, so I find it a bit difficult going against certain dominant thoughts.

The aim of my weekly report is to do market analysis. Some folks are experts at technical analysis and Elliot Wave. Others focus on fundamentals. I simply want to improve my assessment of supply and demand for shares against the backdrop of important conceptual market themes (momentum, value/growth investing, market anomalies, breadth, large vs. small players, sentiment). And by improve, that means I recognize all analysis has potential to be flawed or subject to new information - and that one is usually learning all the time. I find that stage analysis is very encompassing and am grateful for the tools created by others like the Alphascanner and EV.

Best,

Eric
    Market Observations 11-12.pdf

Thank you for sharing your honest and frank opinion of the market once again, Eric. You're right that it is never easy to share one's opinion of the market publicly knowing that the possibility of being wrong is always there. The fact that you do so anyway speaks to your willingness to generously share your knowledge with others.

P.S. Don't worry about your opinions differing from the dominant thoughts of those more experienced then you. Adaptively responding to a dynamic market is a principle that both you and they share, which is more important than any difference in opinion. If they are correct, you should recognize it soon, and if you are correct, then they should recognize it soon...and so on.

As noted last week, one's analysis should be subject to additional new information and feedback. And I think last week offered some clues about the market, which certainly crimps a few of the positive developments that were emerging.

The market seems tired, and I think some warning signs showed up around the middle of last week.

Market Observations 11-20.pdf

Best,
    Eric

Hi friends,

Due to spending time with friends and family, I have not had enough time to prepare an adequate report for the weekend. I prepared a brief comment on the stage scans, but it was lost after a computer malfunction unfortunately. I think most of what needs to be known has probably been communicated by Pascal and Billy, anyways. I did come across a nice video from Joe Fahmy, which I found useful.

http://joefahmy.com/2011/11/25/video...-bear-markets/

Have a great week everyone, and I am grateful to be part of this group.

Best always,
    Eric

Hello friends,

A busy couple weeks keeps this report short. There were a couple positive developments last week, including the 20-Day MF buy signal and transition to the weekly early-accumulation stage setting on QQQ DIA and SPY. I hope everyone has had a great couple weeks with friends and family.

Once again, thanks to all the folks here and Billy and Pascal, especially. Aly's BSI report continues to be a great resource. And I must also credit Charles Kirk and Brian Shannon for the informative videos they provide.

Best,
    Eric

Market Observations 12-4.pdf

+ Reply to Thread