+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eric's Weekend Review

Hybrid View

Aly,

Since I learn best visually, I attempt to review most sectors at least once a week by just scrolling through each sector and sub-group on the EV site. It takes about an hour. Otherwise, I look at what I consider "important" sectors - precious metals, energy, technology, and retail on a daily basis - sometimes checking the stocks in each sector that are included in the database. The 20 day MF reveals when to be on heightened alert.

That said, I gather input from other sources, such as daily reading Billy and Pascal's commentary and robot signals, important research and writing shared by members such as yourself and Mike Scott, The Kirk Report and especially his Weekend Chart Show and after-hours reports, and analysis from those who I consider top-notch like Kevin Marder amongst others. These are useful sources for gathering information then drilling down areas of focus. I also watch Brian Shannon's free weekly videos and use the alphascanner trade planner to visualize the stages.

Finally, there are stocks that I have now been following long enough that I simply check them with great regularity. For example, I traded DNR and POT last week because I know a good deal about them and feel familiar with their trading patterns and price/volume history.

Best,
    Eric

Thank you Eric for your always remarkable synthesis of market forces from many approaches.
    Writing such weekly reports demands much time and persistence and I'm sure most members are learning a lot from your generosity in sharing your hard work.
    Billy

appreciated

thanks eric, report greatly appreciated. Learned a lot. BR, K

Short weekend review. Have a great week everyone.

Best,
    Eric
    Attached Images

GREAT writeup Eric. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Very clear.

Regards,

pgd

Good stuff Eric. This is indeed very dangerous market to participate as the extreme volatility makes it difficult to manage risk both long or short. Cash continues to be the best position in this environment even for most seasoned pros.

Due to some extenuating circumstances, there will unfortunately be no weekend review.

Best,
    Eric

Hello friends,

Please find attached my weekly market observations.

In addition, I include a trade report from last year, coming out of the 2010 correction. There was a small group still posting their monthly trade idea in the EV Training group. The reason I share this particular trade is twofold. First, it highlights the way one can synthesize EV with other methods like growth or momentum investing. Second, it highlights why late summer 2010 is so much different than the current period. There were so many stocks moving in a powerful fashion on big volume at that time. Price does pay, but volume speaks. I don't see the same type of landscape right now, and am consequently more skeptical of the sustainability of the recent advance.

I also encourage everyone to read Aly's CSI, which is top notch as usual. Jerry also posts his leader's index, which is worth checking regularly. There are so many resources here!

Have a great week.
    Best,
    Eric

Market Observations 10-14.pdf
    RDWR.pdf

Thanks, very informative

Eric,

The contrast provided in these two articles is very informative and thought-provoking. The "tepid" quality of our current rally has never been more clear to me than now. Thanks!

Here are this weeks market observations. There are bullish and bearish perspectives one can find. After my review, I remain cautious. The action of leading stocks has me on high alert. Charles Kirk's Chart Show presents some balanced perspectives and Aly's CSI as usual highlights various scenarios in addition to top-notch sentiment analysis.

Best,
    Eric

Market Observations 10-22.pdf

+ Reply to Thread