+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eric's Weekend Review

Hybrid View

Due to some extenuating circumstances, there will unfortunately be no weekend review.

Best,
    Eric

Hello friends,

Please find attached my weekly market observations.

In addition, I include a trade report from last year, coming out of the 2010 correction. There was a small group still posting their monthly trade idea in the EV Training group. The reason I share this particular trade is twofold. First, it highlights the way one can synthesize EV with other methods like growth or momentum investing. Second, it highlights why late summer 2010 is so much different than the current period. There were so many stocks moving in a powerful fashion on big volume at that time. Price does pay, but volume speaks. I don't see the same type of landscape right now, and am consequently more skeptical of the sustainability of the recent advance.

I also encourage everyone to read Aly's CSI, which is top notch as usual. Jerry also posts his leader's index, which is worth checking regularly. There are so many resources here!

Have a great week.
    Best,
    Eric

Market Observations 10-14.pdf
    RDWR.pdf

Thanks, very informative

Eric,

The contrast provided in these two articles is very informative and thought-provoking. The "tepid" quality of our current rally has never been more clear to me than now. Thanks!

Here are this weeks market observations. There are bullish and bearish perspectives one can find. After my review, I remain cautious. The action of leading stocks has me on high alert. Charles Kirk's Chart Show presents some balanced perspectives and Aly's CSI as usual highlights various scenarios in addition to top-notch sentiment analysis.

Best,
    Eric

Market Observations 10-22.pdf

Lots of good stuff out there, but too much to contain in my weekly notes, attached below. Please consult some great resources, too, especially Charles Kirk's Weekend Chart Show and Brian Shannon's free weekly videos. Additionally, Kevin Marder's reports on Marketwatch are frequent enough to stay on top of a selection of leading growth stocks. Of course, Pascal, Billy's, and Mike's daily comments and Aly's CSI, too. I really appreciate all those sources. If I had more time, I would expand my notes. Nonetheless, the main point is that shares have a bid, and that bid is from a subset of both growth and value oriented investors, depending on which stocks one is watching.

Have a great week.

Best,
    Eric

Market Observations 10-30.pdf

Please see attached the weekly report. I have chosen to narrow the focus since there is often too much to cover and feel that it is adequately done. I intend to focus on the most important things I come across while preparing my review. This will allow me to keep things a bit simpler. Please feel free to comment or give feedback, as one is always learning.

Best always,

Eric

Market Observations 11-5.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ericoleman View Post
    Please see attached the weekly report. I have chosen to narrow the focus since there is often too much to cover and feel that it is adequately done. I intend to focus on the most important things I come across while preparing my review. This will allow me to keep things a bit simpler. Please feel free to comment or give feedback, as one is always learning.

Best always,

Eric

Attachment 11321
    Another captivating read, Eric. In particular, your reviews of sector leadership and highlighting of individual names that are standing out provides a nice reference point for further research for those of us who so inclined.

Also, I particularly liked this sentence:
    Ultimately, one’s analysis is an attempt to contextualize the market, a very dynamic entity, into something a bit more manageable.
    Couldn't have said it better myself - and it seems especially pertinent right now, as there currently appear to be some smart people on both sides prepared to place aggressive bets.
    Last edited by asomani; 11-06-2011 at 11:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread