+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Official Kicking Myself Thread

Hybrid View

Nick,

Perhaps one of the benefits of your thread lies in community members being able to express prospective trades PRIOR to actually taking them, particularly when the trade is contrary to Pascal/Billy signals.

Member feedback (which in your case, one would hope, would have been to stay in the trade) hopefully will help allay some of the normal anxiety all of us feel when trading. A bit of a positive feedback loop, if you will.

There are other places for trading ideas

With all due respect, my point is simply: provide a forum to fulminate about mistakes such as my current one that has cost me 11.56 points, i.e., a possible 5% gain to my entire portfolio if I'd simply kept my position. I don't even want to consider the potential gain had I gone all in on the strong buy. Pain.
    Last edited by nickola.pazderic; 07-07-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Mistakes ... Not me [lol]

Nickola

I don't know if this thread will be successful because most traders are a special breed of people that is generally
    -1- on their own planet
    -2- very focussed on the objective
    -3- and aware that they will make stupid mistakes from time to time

I have done this profesiionnaly for 30 years and on my own for 7 years now and I have trained myself not to "ventilate" on decisions I make (or made) based on external life factors. They just happen.

BTW, I think the word trader is over used. I consider myself a "surfer" who rides the waves. That's all we can do because that's all the market will give us over longer periods of time

Pierre

indeed

I thought of this, too. No doubt many are less volatile than me. But I do not believe that people don't kick themselves. I only believe that people will refuse to vent for many reasons.

So let the thread waste into the recesses of EV forum posts or keep it alive. It matters not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
    I thought of this, too. No doubt many are less volatile than me. But I do not believe that people don't kick themselves. I only believe that people will refuse to vent for many reasons.

So let the thread waste into the recesses of EV forum posts or keep it alive. It matters not to me.

Nickola, I agree with Pierre, and don't see why anyone would "ventilate" or openly admit they've made a mistake. I'm afraid only experience (personal) can teach to make right decisions most of the time.
    As for the initial problem, I don't see why you should deviate from the system, because statistically it will be positive anyway. If you are afraid that profits can run away from you, just cut half of the position, or take 1/3 out , and that's it!

+ Reply to Thread