+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Large Players Must Show Their Hand Now - June 28, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by canucck View Post
    Yes, I also apologize and would like to know more about some education on the terminology used in the forum too.
    There's no need to apologize. Please refer to my introduction (initial post) here:
    http://www.effectivevolume.com/showt...ast-Resistance

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by brrim View Post
    Billy; Your A&E chart using the IBD data spurred me to look at the Russell 2000 in HGSI as many of us are following the IWM Robot. The changes yesterday to today are interesting.

6/27; A: 4.88%, B: 16.74%, C: 32.08%, D: 37.88%, E: 8.42%
    6/28; A: 7.14%, B:19.27%, C: 31.88%, D: 35.27%, E: 6.44%
    There was a A-E crossover today.
    Change
    A: +46.31%
    B: +15.11%
    C: -0.62%
    D: -6.89%
    E: -23.51%

Attached are the %AD pie charts which make a lovely visual.
    Best regards,
    Robert
    Thank you Robert, very interesting visual chart indeed.
    However, I don't have any crossover yet and my percentages are much different.
    I cancel from my database all securities that don't have any IBD composite rating. This eliminates all the miscellaneous junk or over 15% of the total IBD database. I also don't require any minimal price or volume like you probably do.
    Here's a snapshot of my numbers and a 3D chart for the last 21 trading days.
    Billy

Name:  IBDsheet.gif
Views: 308
Size:  28.4 KBName:  IBDacc%.gif
Views: 273
Size:  35.4 KB

abbreviations/definition subheading

being a new subscriber too, I would suggest that a "subheading" is developed on the site which would include abbreviations of terminologies regularly used on the site. ... Generally we know what LEV, SEV, LPS, LER, TER, AB, UB, etc. stands for... but would nevertheless be great to have them listed in one location.

And apart from that definitions of those key terminologies used would also be of great help ... fx. we may know that when LER>100 accumulation is higher than previous historical accumulation, and that TEV status is basically valued on 4 different statuses: strength average TEV (above and under 50 respectively) and Extention TEV (below -10% and above 10%, respectively), etc. ....but info and definitions are scattered all over and not always easy to access... this includes the search option, Pascals informative and educational pdf files produced since 2009 and recently Pascals 13 June Comments which also (to me) provides new insights and clarity on regularly used terminologies. It would be indeed very helpful if such a tool could be posted and updated on the site.... possible?

thanks for your excellent services...
    sorensen

Quote Originally Posted by sesorensen View Post
    being a new subscriber too, I would suggest that a "subheading" is developed on the site which would include abbreviations of terminologies regularly used on the site. ... Generally we know what LEV, SEV, LPS, LER, TER, AB, UB, etc. stands for... but would nevertheless be great to have them listed in one location.

And apart from that definitions of those key terminologies used would also be of great help ... fx. we may know that when LER>100 accumulation is higher than previous historical accumulation, and that TEV status is basically valued on 4 different statuses: strength average TEV (above and under 50 respectively) and Extention TEV (below -10% and above 10%, respectively), etc. ....but info and definitions are scattered all over and not always easy to access... this includes the search option, Pascals informative and educational pdf files produced since 2009 and recently Pascals 13 June Comments which also (to me) provides new insights and clarity on regularly used terminologies. It would be indeed very helpful if such a tool could be posted and updated on the site.... possible?

thanks for your excellent services...
    sorensen
    We take good note of your proposal. Pascal is working hard in deep robot research and implementation of the RT 20DMF to help us all to make even more money safely. I'm afraid your request may languish in the never ending "to do" list. Any volunteer in this group to create such an abbreviation list is most welcome. That's an excellent way to review the content of this website over the long weekend.
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    We take good note of your proposal. Pascal is working hard in deep robot research and implementation of the RT 20DMF to help us all to make even more money safely. I'm afraid your request may languish in the never ending "to do" list. Any volunteer in this group to create such an abbreviation list is most welcome. That's an excellent way to review the content of this website over the long weekend.
    Billy
    As an essential part of my own learning I wouldn't mind embark on drafting a preliminary list of abbreviations and definitions through the search tool and available documents. If you agree I'll try and have it shipped off to you within a couple of weeks or so for you to assess....
    sorensen

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    There's no need to apologize. Please refer to my introduction (initial post) here:
    http://www.effectivevolume.com/showt...ast-Resistance

Billy
    Thanks, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by sesorensen View Post
    As an essential part of my own learning I wouldn't mind embark on drafting a preliminary list of abbreviations and definitions through the search tool and available documents. If you agree I'll try and have it shipped off to you within a couple of weeks or so for you to assess....
    sorensen
    Thanks a lot! It is much appreciated. Please send it directly to Pascal.
    Billy

Billy; thank you for your very detailed response with the accompanying stats.
    Best regards,
    Robert

+ Reply to Thread