+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Online Study Group

Hybrid View

although I'm not sure what is involved, I would certainly like to try and be apart of this. It sounds very fruitful! I have Shannon's book on my desk ready to go :)

What a great idea! Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by manucastle View Post
    I have Brian Shannon's book but possibly, the Coles and Hawkins Midas Technical Analysis: A VWAP Approach to Trading and Investing is more relevant to the Pivot type of analysis used around here ?

Do you think this is the case ?

Trev
    I have read both books. If I may, I would suggest starting with Brian's book as it is very easy reading even for novice traders, and it is filled with very practical trading setups and examples. The Coles and Hawkins book is excellent but much more specialized and quicky becomes extremely technically advanced. I am sure many readers could get lost along the way, and it is probably best to start with the largest audience book of Brian.
    Billy

I'll be glad to participate.

I've already read Brian Shannon's book and I find it's one of the few out there with great practical value. It really improved my trade selection, my entries, exits and risk management in general.

I could suggest his monthly subscription for some time: he is definitely a day trader, but he covers aspects that may not be present in the book and that are useful for all timeframe investors.

He also broadcasts twice per week on stocktwits for free, a view I highly recommend .

Although Weinstein's book can stand the test of time under many aspects, Shannon explains very well the stages theory with updated charts and moving averages.

Great Idea. I just got the book, and would like to try it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ilonaross View Post
    Does anyone want to take part in an online book club?

Among the many tomes languishing on my shelf and in need of serious study are:

Brian Shannon Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes
    Bernard Baumohl The Secrets of Economic Indicators
    Coles and Hawkins Midas Technical Analysis: A VWAP Approach to Trading and Investing
    John Person Forex Conquered
    not to mention our own Pascal Willain's Value In Time

We could do a chapter every day, every few days, or every week, or whatever. We could create our own thread where we could post questions about what we've read or seek real time examples of how we could put into practice what we learn from the texts.

If it's too boring for the advanced or too challenging for the beginners we can adjust our pace.

For years I was the organizer of the NYC IBD meetup -- and still am, if we ever find a new venue -- and for a several months I created quizzes for William O'Neil's books, down to and including differences in various editions. It's amazing how much you can learn from that kind of work, and there was always some detail that would stump even the most expert CANSLIM devotee.

Any takers?

Let's be prepared to discuss this Tuesday evening U.S.

We can start a Google chat, or just post here, or ... the possibilities are endless.

slightly off topic

ilonaross,

Do you still have the O'Neil quizzes and could you make them available?
    I have the books but having quizzes to answer would make me more
    diligent about comprehending what I am reading. Thanks either way

Steve

WON's 4th edition quiz

Here's what I did for the 4th edition.

I'm sure I have more buried in various folders, but this is a start.

Hope you like it.

Tnx

Ilona
    Attached Files

Thanks

That was quick, much obliged!

Steve

+ Reply to Thread