+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interesting Links

Hybrid View

Another spin re IASB and European stress tests.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2857...cial-terrorism

Hmm... do we need a robot for accounting regulations...

Does anyone have an opinion? Should one of us on the board be trying to follow this stuff and report on it? Pretty arcane stuff...

Or is it already baked into the 20DMF cake?

I have assets managed by Fisher Investments since 2002. They send me a Capital Markets Update quarterly. This most recent one may be of interest. Ken Fisher has been in the investment business for a lifetime, preceded by his father who was prominent during the Jesse Livermore days. By design, the video self-erases within approximately two weeks. The video is about 45 minutes long. Click on the following link. Hope it works and that you enjoy the information. buzzman

http://www.fi.com/weballey/autoexpir...0XjJaxSxVJg%3d

Ed Hornstein's email of Sept. 6

I wanted to put out a brief update to my commentary from last night.

The one positive I noted was that a few large liquid growth leaders were acting
    "stubborn" and showing excellent relative strength. Indeed, these stocks bucked
    the trend once again today, and led the major indices to close well off their
    lows in somewhat of a positive reversal day. While the market continues to
    sell-off, these stocks continue to base build and, at least for the time being,
    are resisting the general market's distribution.

I noted that these stocks' behavior would offer a key clue as to the duration
    and severity of this bear phase. I cannot underscore this point enough. Simply
    stated, the seven stocks I noted, and a few others (listed below), will let us
    know whether the bear phase ends soon, or whether the indices break recent lows.
    As I noted, it would be foolish to prognosticate on the outcome and I will leave
    that for others to banter about. For now, I note that it remains a positive
    that these stocks continue to base-build, resist the selling pressure, and show
    excellent strength.

In light of this, I am providing my first watch list in quite some time. This
    is not a buy list, but merely a list of companies with superior fundamentals and
    that are showing the ability to resist high levels of distribution in the
    market. Should the market embark on a sustainable uptrend, many of these stocks
    likely will be "go to" leaders. Of course, any continued selling in the general
    market likely takes many of these stocks much lower. One should exercise
    patience, for there will be ample opportunity to be aggressive on the long side
    should the market decide to resolve itself to the upside.

AMZN, PCLN, ISRG, MA, AAPL, BIDU, CMG, GMCR, CROX, UA, LULU, HANS, MAKO, PSMT,
    ARCO, CF, POT, NTES, ATHN, CERN, NUS, PANL, V, Z, LVS, WYNN, LNKD, AWAY, ALXN,
    VRUS ,JAZZ, QCOR, PRGO, CPHD, SBUX, WFM, SBH, AZO, JCOM, CPA.

Five signs you have matured as a trader

+ Reply to Thread