+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting Links

Hybrid View

Re Pablo's link to interview with trader.

Ed Hornstein's message of 10/4

I will have a full market update this weekend. However, I wanted to put out a
    quick note to underscore two points.

First, and most important, is that high levels of cash and preserving capital
    are key. In my past report, I discussed the characteristics that led me to
    believe the market's rally off the August 8 lows was anything but a "fat pitch"
    and lacked the power associated with a new uptrend. Since then, the market
    indices have traded sideways, while institutions have rotated from sector to
    sector distributing stocks en masse. It now looks plausible that the August 8
    lows will be taken out and that another down leg in this bear phase is upon us.

While the mass media is now admitting this is a bear market, the market has
    given us plenty of clues over the past few months that its tone was anything but
    healthy. In fact, the tape is much worse than what the indices tell us- many
    former leaders have fallen 50-75 percent while many financial and commodity
    stocks are selling at levels not seen since the crash of 2008-09.

The bottom line is that we are in a bear phase for stocks, the market's trend is
    down, and there continues to be serious damage and distribution almost every
    day. Faced with these indisputable facts, preserving your capital, and
    psychological capital is of utmost importance.

Second, while it is fruitless to predict how long the downtrend will last, the
    good news is that this bear phase will end too. As we move lower, and selling
    picks up, the doomsdayers will grow louder and louder that the world is ending.

The market has an incredible ability to forecast the future, so do not be
    surprised when the market ultimately bottoms while all the news is bad. I can
    promise you it will. I always maintain that these bear phases are a prudent
    speculator's best friend- as they lay the foundations for future bull markets.
    Our economy has survived many wars, political unrest, economic hardship, panics,
    stock crashes, depressions etc. So to will it survive the various problems
    facing it today. While significantly lower prices could be in store for the
    market in the near future, a strong bull opportunity could arrive sooner than
    people realize. (I will outline this over the weekend). While the negativity
    is rampant as stocks go lower, remember the importance of preserving capital to
    take advantage of the next giant opportunity that will most certainly emerge
    from the depths of this bear market.

As always, please email me with any questions or comments.
    This email was sent by Edward Hornstein, 60 east 42nd street, suite 1144, ny,
    NY 10165, using Express Email Marketing.

+ Reply to Thread