Thread: IWM Gap Up and Expected Supports & Resistances

Threaded View

Billy,
    I believe the next ex dividend dates for IWM are July 5th, 23rd September, 22nd Dec and a potential distribution on 28th December. This information is contained in the iShares 2011 Distributions Schedule. (hopfully attached) So this would impact IWM on the 5th of July, correct? The ex-date is 5th July, the record date is 7th July, and the pay date is 11th July.

I have a question about pivots and pivot clusters. Have you ever given any thought to monitoring pivots, other than intra day, to most recent data? So for example yearly pivots, would reflect the last 12 months, and therefore recalculated monthly? I have witnessed daily pivots working well. Yesterday’s IWM reversal at SI, with a very slight shake out, is a prime example. If we take a quarterly pivot, would S1, calculated for the last 3 months, not offer stronger support, then S1 calculated to the end of March? I am just struggling with the question of why, from the last trading day of June, to the first trading day of July, a quarterly pivot, support and resistance, should change so dramatically.

Dave
    Attached Images