Quote Originally Posted by nickola.pazderic View Post
Billy--

Can you recommend books, articles or magazines to teach me about the actions of market makers and institutions?

My interest is as big as my ignorance.

Again, if this has been handled pre-EV Forum, my apologies.

Many thanks,
Nickola,

I am unable to recommend anything, although I am sure some good stuff could be found by digging/googling deep enough.
Most of what is written is of no practical value, especially with market makers true actions. As i've written many times in the past, these are some of the best kept secrets because they are so lucrative.
All i've learned was from actual practice and experience in real life, being a former euro-bond and later NASDAQ market maker myself long before the job became all computer-driven. For example, I NEVER looked at a chart on my market maker screen, I was only interested in the spreadsheets of my clients' and my own inventories' average weighted prices evolution for all timeframes. Like for all market makers, it was all about scaling in and out at each pivot & floor level for each timeframe. The big money was made with the longest timeframes inventories and the ability to practice naked short-selling; pocket money came from the spreads between bid & ask prices.
That's how I came to the confluence/cluster concepts, trying to monitor the collective action of market makers. A lot is written about institutional investors accumulation/distribution, but it is actually executed by market makers with their own techniques and conflicts of interest.
Billy