1. Was I clever enough to use the earnings projections at the time in 2009? Yes and no. I use the EPS projections at the time of the breakout of the first base if I am clever enough to do it at the right time. Often I notice a stock later in a sequence and I have no organized way to discover historical EPS projections so I use what I have. I am not sure but I suspect I calculated RVBD in late 2009 when the 2011 EPS estimate was 0.85 (it is currently 0.89)

2. The EPS estimates are from Investor's Business Daily (IBD). You can see the estimates on the chart I pasted. The chart came out small and hard to read. If you save it to your desktop and open it you can read the fine print.

3. Typically the EPS estimate equates to the mean of the estimates from other sources. I would have no problem uising the mean estimate from YAHOO Finance for example.

Lastly this is not a sell rule, just an indication to pay closer attention to your real sell rules or perhaps passing one up if it appears that it may have already reached target. In the latter case my watchlist should not be full of stocks with limited upside potential. I am finding this to be the case right now as I try to prepare a watchlist. Many-many stocks seem to have fulfilled their upside potential.