Mike,

I would have to agree with you. With the TradeStation plugin, different time scales other than 1 min bars certainly do give different signals / presentations than the 1 min presentation. I've been digging deeply into the TS plugin to determine if this is a coding issue or if this is actually what is occurring; my preliminary findings are simply that the TS plugin is set up to perform the calculations on the bar, and it is implied that the resolution is 1 minute. If other bar lengths are used, the TS plugin does not know the difference.

[ For those of you more skilled with EasyLanguage, please chip in here]

I'm not convinced that we should see consistency from 1 min to 5 min to 60 min bars. There are exceptions to this thought, of course, but in the general patterns that I'm able to watch at 1 minute resolution, many of them would become moot because the extension values, average above / below extensions, etc., would all change, and possibly not in synchronization.

I *do* believe that multi-timeframe analysis on EV is incredibly important, but this means specifically "where we are zeroing the accumulator". The book uses the 40d length; I use 40d as well as 8d windows, simultaneously, in TradeStation, to get a longer-term view of LEV/TEV support over SmEV performance, as well as a shorter-term view.

I'm constantly reminded, as I use the TradeStation EV plugin, that what we may be seeing may not be the actual behavior of the system, but until I (or others) can improve upon the examination tools, it's far better than anything that the masses have.

We have insight here that most, even the larger investors, do not have. I consider myself lucky.

Regards,

pgd