+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question about the actions of Large Players

Hybrid View

thanks

Pascal--

Yes, I very much understand the methodology, which Dr. Elder has called revolutionary. And this methodology is based on the logic presented above.

Reading the book, I must confess to the biases of anthropology: in every instance we're professionally curious about what people think and do. If the book had come to me for review prior to its publication, I would have asked the editor to prod the author to offer some quotes, examples, and references to substantiate the logic of the project.

The book was never sent to me, of course. When it was published I was still teaching qualitative research methods and courses on neoliberalism. In short, I was teaching students to track down the effects of the global economy on the everyday lives of people and Taiwanese, in particular. The market was known only to me in a very abstract way. In fact, a brilliant graduate student introduced me to the stock market as something where people like her were involved. My first question to her: "What's that for?" To which she replied "To make money."

So now you know how slow I am!

Many thanks,

Nickola Pazderic
    Last edited by nickola.pazderic; 05-28-2011 at 04:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread