+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trading option to exit and reenter on pullback

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by adam ali View Post
    Thanks, Billy. With the market range-bound since February I was hoping there might be a shorter-term timing tool that would help catch the 2-3 day swings in the IWM we've seen.
    Adam,
    When I trade mean-reversion strategies, an excellent indicator is powerratings from tradingmarkets.com
    http://pr.tradingmarkets.com/
    I can't access it right now, but you have access to 5 free tickers a day. Try IWM, chart it and see that the signals have been perfect. However my experience is that it leads you to huge drawdowns at trend reversal/inflection points, just like happened in early September 2010 when it took 3 weeks after the start of the rally for the overbought/sell signals to disappear.
    Billy

OB/OS indicator

Got it. While I sort of figured the answer was the same, i.e., I'm chasing after something that really doesn't exist or has too great an opportunity cost, I thought I'd pose the question anyway. Thanks for your patience in exploring this idea with me.

My concern is if we get rangebound market for long time. Yr 2004 and 2005 was rangebound years. One needs a lot of patience to sit and wait until exit signal.

+ Reply to Thread