I appreciate very much the warm welcome.

I've done many things in life and have the scars to prove it!

I'd like to think that if I can do anything well it is to spot quality in people and their pursuits-- thus, my optimism about what I find here.

On investing, in a previous (my first) post I noted my game with the SPY and my investment in TZA. I agree with the Robot, Pascal, Dr. Kacher, and others. This makes buying puts on rallies and the following volatility easier to do and to stomach.

I have some good friends in Taiwan who speculate-- all very successfully; and they've taught me a lot, especially that I must always respect the charts. I'm sorry, however, that I can't comment on any specific Taiwanese companies at this point. I will inquire and pass along what I may learn.

Since I am not an engineer, computer programmer or mathematician, I rely on others, such as the Robot, to help me with brute calculations and precision. An an anthropologist I've written on neoliberalism and its effects on tertiary education in Taiwan. It has been and remains a difficult process for me to transform my thinking from critic to investor. Nonetheless, I think my long term strength as an investor will be in analysis of macro-economic trends.

Again thank you for the kind words and welcome.

Back to work I go...

Nickola