+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Breakout Calculator

Breakout Calculator

Is the Breakout Calculator still available? (the link I have returns a not found page)

Unfortunately this software is not available anymore.
    It was using a free API from Yahoo to download EOD data, but Yahoo discontinued that API.

Sorry about that

Pascal

Thanks for the reply.

If you still have it around I would be interested in converting it to use other APIs. Happy to contribute it back here if I can get it working.

Is this something you would be open to?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by marksmithson View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

If you still have it around I would be interested in converting it to use other APIs. Happy to contribute it back here if I can get it working.

Is this something you would be open to?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for your generous proposal.
    The real issue is to find a free data supplier for OHLC and Volume End of day data.

Pascal

Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for your generous proposal.
    The real issue is to find a free data supplier for OHLC and Volume End of day data.

Pascal

Pascal
    Would it work with a download of data from the yahoo historical data pages. e.g. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BIDU/history?p=BIDU (web page)
    https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/...events=history (CSV download)

Or is some of the data you need missing from this?

Hi Pascal,

I'm a big fan of "Volume In Time", I've just read it last week. I think you're brilliant and innovative.
    I appreciate what you've shared with us, especially your thought process on how you came up with it.

I just bought the Pyramid book yesterday and is eager to go through it.
    It's a bit disappointing to find out that the breakout calculator is depreciated as the book is tied to it.

I second Mark's offer. It's a shame to just let a useful tool die. I can help as well. Let's upgrade it. Does it just require historical data? There are alternative free sources for end of day data.

Best,
    Kenny

+ Reply to Thread