+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 9 LastLast

Thread: Market

Nothing good today

Markets are very negative today, especially the NQ8 sector. The Negative EV pattern on FB detected on Friday clearly indicated an underlying issue. This pattern shows that some large players were selling the not yet published news.

Name:  FB_EV.gif
Views: 2314
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  FB_EV.gif
Views: 2304
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  NQ8.gif
Views: 2305
Size:  29.3 KB

Name:  20DMF_RT.gif
Views: 2365
Size:  42.3 KB

Pascal

Market

I had been expecting some sort of shakeout before a reversal, but the market has been flat since the open. Hence, difficult to take a strong position here either with or against the trend as there is NO trend.

Is the market waiting for some announcement from China? Is no-news good-news or possibly bad news in the waiting?

Pascal

Views: 2330
Size:  44.1 KB

Market

Today's opening gap does not attract money yet, to the contrary.
    The OB/OS signal is near its oversold level and the MF does not seem to be willing to move higher.
    Patience is required on the long side.

Pascal

Views: 2218
Size:  44.6 KB

The S&P500 already erased the gains of last Thursday.

The NQ8 is in a small downtrend, but the Money Flow looks volatile around the 0 level.

Basically wait and see for now.

Pascal

Views: 2287
Size:  49.0 KB

Name:  NQ8_MF.gif
Views: 2283
Size:  39.8 KB

Market is really non-directional. Large players do not seem to buy today's bounce, while small caps display a negative Money Flow. Maybe some fear regarding bearish FOMC minutes tomorrow.

Large caps energy stocks (XLE) look bullish here.

Pascal

Name:  Small Caps MF.gif
Views: 2261
Size:  33.0 KB

Views: 2258
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  XLE_MF.gif
Views: 2178
Size:  35.7 KB

The NQ8 MF looks weak today, but on a longer term view, we seem to be in a tight range.

Pascal

Name:  NQ8_MF1.gif
Views: 2249
Size:  35.9 KB

Views: 2250
Size:  37.0 KB

NQ8

After early weakness, the NQ8 sector has bounced but on a relatively weak Money Flow.
    This indicates that investors are not ready to buy NQ8 weakness yet.

Pascal

Views: 2235
Size:  31.5 KB

I did not expect to see this type of selling today. We can also note that the price bounce does not seem to be attracting money.

My guess: inflation/rate hike fears next week.

Pascal

Name:  NQ8.gif
Views: 2217
Size:  31.1 KB

Views: 2201
Size:  46.8 KB

There is speculative buying around AAPL, which triggered a positive Money Flow on the NQ8.

For now, nobody really knows what AAPL will announce at the close. We could however get a relief rally tomorrow though.

Pascal

Name:  AAPL_EV.gif
Views: 2261
Size:  30.1 KBName:  NQ8_MF.gif
Views: 2186
Size:  33.2 KB

These two charts are where my head is at relative to the overall market. I see similarities of the current market to the October 31, 2007 market top. In both images, the Russel 2000 fails to confirm the last NASDAQ higher high. At the time in 2007, I thought July was the top, then Bernanke gave us a surprise 0.5% rate cut on September, 18. The market zoomed into a blow-off top, where I was surer of the top.

Name:  2018 Market.gif
Views: 2170
Size:  93.0 KB
    Name:  2007 Market.gif
Views: 2191
Size:  117.7 KB

For my market read to be correct, a recession would logically need to be close by. This article by John Mauldin is a good read and it explores this possibility. http://www.mauldineconomics.com/fron...y-with-a-fever

In 2007, we had a very major market top (larger head and shoulders pattern) where the NASDAQ dropped 55.7% over the course of 17 months. Both 2007 and 2018 are showing head and shoulders patterns. The 2018 pattern looks smaller to me, possibly implying less than a "bone-cruncher" type bear market of 2007-2009, maybe only half as large.

Of course, every bearish call of the last few years have led to the market making new highs.
    Mike Scott
    Cloverdale, CA

+ Reply to Thread