PDA

View Full Version : Market

Pascal
08-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Money flow is still slightly negative today.
The OB/OS is still pointing down. This means that no long signal will be issued today.
We can also see that the XLK (mostly AAPL/GOOG/FB) also points down.

I am 30% long now. Positions taken yesterday work fine, but the TNA long taken today is under water.

I still think that with the OB/OS so low (minimum is -100,) we are due for a buyable bounce

Pascal

adam ali
08-25-2015, 05:35 PM
In hindsight, Pascal, these non-confirmations were extremely important signals. At what point today does a user of the 20DMF feel sufficiently comfortable saying to themselves "that's it, there's no real buying, I'm going the other way"?

Pascal
08-26-2015, 08:30 AM
In hindsight, Pascal, these non-confirmations were extremely important signals. At what point today does a user of the 20DMF feel sufficiently comfortable saying to themselves "that's it, there's no real buying, I'm going the other way"?

Hi Adam,

In today's market, after a large price drop, many funds still need to adjust positions. Since funds cannot act out of regular hours (not enough volume,) it is important to see what they are doing to adjust positions: do they buy or sell the overnight gap?

It is because of the negative MF in XLK/20DMF, together with a weak CTick that I decided to close the TNA position at break-even a few minutes before it plunges yesterday.

I rely a lot on the 20DMF and other RT MF signals to see what money is doing, but I also have all the time of view of the major currencies, Treasuries and main commodities' EV patterns. The question is always to try to detect what money is doing.

Pascal

Pascal
08-26-2015, 10:18 AM
We have the same problem as yesterday: cheap prices do not attract buyers.
Maybe cheaper prices will?

Pascal