PDA

View Full Version : GTN Volume Trigger Alert

Mike
07-13-2015, 01:11 PM
On the Volume Alert Trigger page list GTN is registering a preliminary buy alert. This is not something that I want to chase.

Here is a chart showing the volume surge, a very good surge.

Here is a chart showing price relative to a 2.3% envelope around the 5 day moving average. You can see that the price is well outside of the envelope suggesting that this opportunity is too extended to chase. You would have to have placed a buy order within the first 15 minutes of trading to have caught this properly. At that time the volume trigger alert would have been indeterminate.

Pascal
07-14-2015, 06:56 AM
I would like to take advantage of that post to point to two changes that we made on the Volume Trigger page: we added the 5MA measure and we added the number of Volume Trigger alerts that this stock has generated in the 200 days. The stronger the number of alerts, the higher the profit expectations.

Pascal

Harry
07-14-2015, 07:10 AM
... we added the number of Volume Trigger alerts that this stock has generated in the 200 days. The stronger the number of alerts, the higher the profit expectations.31157

Is your statement above anecdotal or do you have research that backs up this claim - I am personally interested in researching these types of trades and the associated risk/reward ratio.

Harry

Pascal
07-14-2015, 10:03 AM
I did a research on the alerts generated since we started the system here. I have published the results I believe, but will dig them out.

Pascal

Harry
07-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Pascal,

No rush and post wasn't meant to be challenging, just wondering if there was a study available you could point me to. Thank you for looking.

Harry