PDA

View Full Version : YY Short Example

Mike
05-12-2015, 11:26 AM
This is an example of following the short taking method I mentioned earlier this morning.

YY was a prior leading stock and it appears to have topped 8 months ago from a late stage base failure pattern. Since then there have been 3 bargain hunting/short covering rallies. The latest rally might be a little too energetic (high volume) but it may work anyway. Shorting the stall out at the 200-day (40-week) moving average provides the entry point around $70. This position would have been entered yesterday. If all goes as planned this position would be covered when it breaks the prior low of $50.52 for a 28% profit. If as expected the "obvious" undercut creates another short covering rally, YY would be monitored for another stall out at the 40-week for another go at it.

As stated previously central banks haven't let a lot of shorts positions run their course so this is more educational than perhaps practical. If the market begins to let these play out normally then I would consider the next opportunities. So for now I am monitoring the situation.

YY is on my short taking watch list, so this situation was actionable.

Chern
05-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Nice, it really dumped quickly. Right choice, right timing, great trade!!!