PDA

View Full Version : 9/2/2014 Before the open

Mike
09-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Stocks before the open appear to want to open upward, NCLH is up 14% in morning pre-trade.
I just updated the watch lists. The list for the volume trigger alert is below.

On my regular watch list I listed SLXP as a "short stroke" pattern. A short stroke is a rare pattern Bill O'Neil noticed as a working buy pattern. It is viewed only on a weekly chart. The short stroke is completed when a stock moves up around 15% more or less in one week followed by a very narrow range weekly bar where the stock stubbornly gives none of it back. The buy point is when the stock makes a new high. SLXP went up 13.9% two weeks ago and then changed nearly flat on a very narrow-range bar week last week.

AAP
AKRX
ALXN
AMBA
AMP
AMT
ANET
ATHM
AVGO
BCEI
BIDU
BIIB
CAR
CAVM
CDW
CELG
CMG
CP
FANG
FB
FL
FLT
GILD
GPRO
HAR
JAZZ
LUV
MBLY
MMP
NFLX
OTEX
PANW
SAVE
SLCA
SLXP
SM
SNCR
STZ
SWKS
THRM
TMH
TRN
UA
UBNT
URI
VIPS
XRS
YY

Harry
09-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Thank you Mike!

Harry

barbados11
09-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure that I have the sorting for your Volume Trigger Alert set correctly. Should it be set to Vol Trg Mgn% or Quality%.

Thanks,

Pablo

Mike
09-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure that I have the sorting for your Volume Trigger Alert set correctly. Should it be set to Vol Trg Mgn% or Quality%.

Thanks,

Pablo

Pablo,

Either sort should sort the list in the same order. The quality% is equal to Vol Trg Mgn% multiplied by a number. The multiplier is only a function of clock time remaining in the trading day which is the same for every stock.

I don't believe that the market is acting well for these types of stocks. Every stock that moves up is met by selling. Few stocks are having any followup buying. BIDU had a nice move up on Tuesday only to stall out. CMG had a big move 5 weeks ago only to stall out in a tight range for the last 5 weeks. This is unusual and tells me that something is not right in the market.

barbados11
09-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Pablo,

Either sort should sort the list in the same order. The quality% is equal to Vol Trg Mgn% multiplied by a number. The multiplier is only a function of clock time remaining in the trading day which is the same for every stock.

I don't believe that the market is acting well for these types of stocks. Every stock that moves up is met by selling. Few stocks are having any followup buying. BIDU had a nice move up on Tuesday only to stall out. CMG had a big move 5 weeks ago only to stall out in a tight range for the last 5 weeks. This is unusual and tells me that something is not right in the market.

Mike,

Thanks for this. I agree, things are acting in a strange fashion for Canslim type investing. It does seem something's not right.

Best,

Pablo