PDA

View Full Version : Experiment mix/match our expertise

ernsttanaka
01-06-2014, 12:15 PM
With the new year getting into a good start -- I love to see some red on the indexes!!
Let's try an experiment.

Below you find some underlying which I find interesting due to their high Implied Volatility, their trade volumes and their bid/ask spreads.

I invite you to use your EV skills and comment on this list in terms of Bull or Bearish. I will gather the input today, and tomorrow morning I will select a few of those stocks for actual trades -- and post them here.

The fish.txt is actually a fish.csv but the forum did not allow me to upload a .csv file.

Happy New Year,

Ernst

Pascal
01-06-2014, 01:48 PM
If you look at these stocks in terms of EV total rating, then the list is:

The buys get a high rating and the short a low rating.
The ratings go from 100 to 0.
Usually, ratings above 80 are interesting buys. Below 20 are the interesting shorts.
Only IRM could be an interesting short if only it could bounce some more.

Pascal

Ken
01-07-2014, 08:10 AM
WUBA - Bullish price structure. Consolidating within a bull flag on decreasing volume. Decent fundamentals. Enter on bull flag b/o with volume confirmation.
FANG - Fundamentals looks good but bearish price structure. Breached key support 10/20/50d on high volume. Might be a short on bounce to 10/20/50d resistence confluence. Most likely sideway to down price action for the next few weeks.

TWTR - New IPO with huge upside potential. Still need earnings. Very bullish price structure. Probably the strongest momo issue on the board. Exihibited power as it broke out of its initial consolidation area above 42. Moved from 42 - 75 in 16 sessions on expanding volume with shallow volume retracements demonstrate high institutional demands. Currently forming high level base with most probably breakout direction to the upside.

ILMN - Bullish price structure with high short interest implies more upside ahead. Decent fundamentals. Currently basing with most probable break-out direction to the upside.

DISH - Bullish price structure. Slower mover with unimpressive fundamental & story. Looking like it’s consolidating with most probable break-out direction to the upside.

PCYC - Bearish price structure with poor fundamental. Lost upside momentum when it broke the H&S neckline on 12/9/13. Now bear flagging and finding some temporary support at 200D with most probable break to the downside. This is probably one of the better short candidate on the list.

RAX - Bearish price structure in a down-trend. Slow mover. Deteriorating fundamentals. This is a short on bounces to key resistence area.

APOL - Bullish price structure with poor fundamentals. Junk off the boottom play. Currently consolidating potentially down to 50D with most probable break-out direction to the upside.

TDC - Bullish short term price structure with poor fundamentals. Junk off the bottom play. Consolidating above 10/20/50D confluence with most probable break to the upside. Limited upside potential with lots of overhead supplies.

XEC - Bullish price action with decent fundamentals. Sloppy choppy mover. Currently consolidating gains but failed key 50D support and $100 price level. Most likely to consolidate sideway around 50D. Could break either way up or down.

QLIK - Bearish price struction in a down-trend with decent fundamentals. This is a short on bounces to key resistence.

IRM - Bearish price structure in a down-trend with poor fundamentals. Slow mover. This is a short on bounces to key resistence.

TXTR - Neutral price structure for a young IPO with unimpressive fundamentals & story. Could go either way from current level but lots of overhead supplies so limited upside.

TAN - Bullish price structure for solar sector proxy that’s been leading most of last year. Reclaimed 50d and grinding up on expanding volume implies further upside ahead.

PXD - Bearish price structure with decent fundamentals. Short term trend is down to sideway. Failed to retake key averages on the last bounce and now failing H&S neckline. This is another good short on the list.

VLP - Bullish price structure with decent fundamentals. Looking like it’s resting with move probable break to the upside. Young IPO with good upside potentials & demonstrated ability to move. One of the better long candidate on this list.