PDA

View Full Version : TSLA Lockup Expiration

Mike
08-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Today TSLA IPO shares can be sold as the lockup period expires. This could cause some negative pressure on price.

On another point I have noted the plethora of Hindenburg Omen signals. Hindenburg Omen signals have correctly identified the 2000 and 2007 topping processes. While I believe that the current market is in a topping process, the confusing point is that 87% of the NYSE 52-week new lows have come from closed-end bond funds with a few percent additional from REITS. We have had a 33 year bull market in bonds that appears to be unwinding. Any indicator based on NYSE internals may be suspect in this environment because of the large number of bond funds in the index. I know of no way to investigate how the Hindenburg Omen would have signaled in the 1960's and 1970's prior to the great bond bull market. I note that Wayne Whaley has shifted to the S&P500 index for market internals and that the S&P500 is not showing excessive new lows. My own opinion is that the S&P500 is a narrow slice of the market with a focus only on large caps and that in a QE environment this is where the institutional investors are. CANSLIM investing has a totally different focus. In this environment I place more trust in Jerry's leaders index to give an early warning of trouble in the market. Yet again the Hindenburg Omen signals may be spot on and in agreement with the Leaders Index.