PDA

View Full Version : A very confusing picture.

manucastle
04-08-2013, 04:29 AM
I think both Pascal and Timothy summed the situation up well. What a confusing time for us poor investors trying to make sense of it all !

We have a market that seems to want to go down but is artificially supported by massive money QE inflows. From what I see any traditional fundamental or technical indicators are rendered useless in this environment.

We are also subject to the gloating hordes of people and press commentators who, with no investing experience or stock picking skills , have done very well in this money pumping envirinment over the last few years with mediocre stock selections.

What to do ? - I do not have a clue.

For my part I keep a selection of EV stocks with best ratings portfolios in theoretical Google watchlists to see how they perform over time and, generally speaking they have gone nowhere for the last 2 to 2.1/2 months.

The message for me is - I do not want, or have the time to day trade so, at this moment in time I do very little.

I would appreciate others views, similar or not :O)

Trev

Pascal
04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I think both Pascal and Timothy summed the situation up well. What a confusing time for us poor investors trying to make sense of it all !

We have a market that seems to want to go down but is artificially supported by massive money QE inflows. From what I see any traditional fundamental or technical indicators are rendered useless in this environment.

We are also subject to the gloating hordes of people and press commentators who, with no investing experience or stock picking skills , have done very well in this money pumping envirinment over the last few years with mediocre stock selections.

What to do ? - I do not have a clue.

For my part I keep a selection of EV stocks with best ratings portfolios in theoretical Google watchlists to see how they perform over time and, generally speaking they have gone nowhere for the last 2 to 2.1/2 months.

The message for me is - I do not want, or have the time to day trade so, at this moment in time I do very little.

I would appreciate others views, similar or not :O)

Trev

Very confusing market indeed.
The problem is stay staying neutrally invested in cash does not offer the security that it used to do: currencies are targeted by central banks of different countries and cash is targeted by your own Government which needs it.

Today is direction-less. I will probably wait for the first week of earnings.

Pascal