PDA

View Full Version : Steady Performers

Riskslayer
03-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi-

A couple of low RS names standout to me for steady performance with low volatility.

REM - this is a new ETF on the mREIT's theme.. individual mREITS, ARR, AGNC, etc, etc. can be extremely volatile, but this ETF help avoid that risk, and there is day-in and day-out steady high LEV, +511 .. but low RS .. on this name... I do not own it, but if I thought the market was not close to the edge of a sell signal, I would...

EMLP - this is also a new ETF, an actively managed ETF, see seekingalpha.com for a detailed description of what they do.. but, its essentially an ETF of petro-chemical infrastructure, they own KMR, EEQ. SO, etc. Again, steady +511 Club member, but low RS.

I have a position in EMLP.. It seems to close strong most days... best time to buy is around lunchtime... or early afternoon.

Full disclosure, I do not believe in deep fundamental analysis of companies... I worked for 30 years in Fortune 500 companies, and that experience taught me long ago that a company's commercial prospects are highly uncorrelated to stock returns.. so I ignore that stuff, mostly.. I look at Yahoo profiles (sometimes) and Seekingalpha.com seldom.

I am all about LEV..

Shawn