PDA

View Full Version : 2-21-2013 Comment

Mike
02-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Yesterday IBD placed the rally under pressure which certainly is in line with what I am seeing. Jerry's leaders index has been pointing at a struggling rally for a few days. In my own portfolio the only stocks that have been working are short positions. In the market exposure model we could see an S5 and S6 sell signal today if we close below the 21-day. The S5 is for the close below, the S6 comes when we get an overdue break of the 21-day. This comes if the lows of the index have been staying above the 21-day for 25 consecutive days or longer.

I shorted HLF three days ago when it gapped up on earnings and made a close approach of the 200-day moving average. I shorted BIDU on 1/29 when it also made a close approach of the 200-day. I am still in these positions and added to the HLF short yesterday morning at the 50-day.
Platinum is still technically in play but as has been pointed out elsewhere the PMs have been under quite a bit of pressure and timing is everything. The Platinum futures contract is above the anchored volume-weighted moving average anchored at the December 2011 low. If this continues PL is in an uptrend.

Pascal
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Yesterday IBD placed the rally under pressure which certainly is in line with what I am seeing. Jerry's leaders index has been pointing at a struggling rally for a few days. In my own portfolio the only stocks that have been working are short positions. In the market exposure model we could see an S5 and S6 sell signal today if we close below the 21-day. The S5 is for the close below, the S6 comes when we get an overdue break of the 21-day. This comes if the lows of the index have been staying above the 21-day for 25 consecutive days or longer.

I shorted HLF three days ago when it gapped up on earnings and made a close approach of the 200-day moving average. I shorted BIDU on 1/29 when it also made a close approach of the 200-day. I am still in these positions and added to the HLF short yesterday morning at the 50-day.
Platinum is still technically in play but as has been pointed out elsewhere the PMs have been under quite a bit of pressure and timing is everything. The Platinum futures contract is above the anchored volume-weighted moving average anchored at the December 2011 low. If this continues PL is in an uptrend.

Below are the 20D patterns for gold, silver and platinum.
The three are bouncing from extreme oversold situations, but platinum and silver seem to bounce slightly harder...

Pascal