PDA

View Full Version : GDX MF

manucastle
12-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Pascal,

A small question about why the price of GDX is dropping at the same time as MF is rising. Why do you think we get this anomaly now and again ?

Trev

Pascal
12-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Pascal,

A small question about why the price of GDX is dropping at the same time as MF is rising. Why do you think we get this anomaly now and again ?

Trev

Exactly What I had been thinking right now!
I am now calculating the EV pattern of all the gold miners to see if this is due to accumulation in one specific stock or if it is spread all over. The EV figures update as I calculate.

Pascal

DJones
12-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi Pascal,
Trev

Easy answer. I'm long.

Pascal
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Easy answer. I'm long.

I will turn long if the MF issues a long signal.

Whenever I believe that the short-term MF is what matters, I load the 10 days chart to see what a longer term chart looks like.

It is less evident on a 10 days chart that the buying of today will reverse the downtrend.

On a longer time frame, both the MF and Price are forming lower lows and lower highs

Pascal

DJones
12-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I will turn long if the MF issues a long signal.
Whenever I believe that the short-term MF is what matters, I load the 10 days chart to see what a longer term chart looks like.
It is less evident on a 10 days chart that the buying of today will reverse the downtrend.
On a longer time frame, both the MF and Price are forming lower lows and lower highs
Pascal

Yes, that looks persuasive. But it all depends on the timeframe we choose. See attached. Over this time period the GDX dropped slightly from $45.74 to $45.53. Here's what the MF looks like.