PDA

View Full Version : New GDX Model

Pascal
11-07-2012, 05:22 AM
We have back-tested a new GDX Model that is less volatile than the current model.
This new GDX Model will probably be introduced next week.
It carries the following improvements:

- Faster than the current GDX Model
- With clearer messages on what to expect
- Will include automatic email messages for signal changes

We have been testing the RT version of this new model for the past few days.
Two screen shots are shown below that compare the new model to the actual one.

The length of the days are different mostly because these were generated by different machines. The new model figure was generated using a slower downloading machine while we were working on this model in Greece last week. However, you will note that the November 6 day length is much longer for yesterday, as the model now runs on a faster machine that updates twice per minute.

You can also see that the new model turned short one day earlier than the actual model, and reverted to a long signal yesterday, while the actual model stays short.

Back-tests which were performed on two independent sets of data have shown that the new model is more effective at catching the changes. More will be published next week.

Pascal

Pascal
11-08-2012, 12:54 PM
As we can see below, the current GDX MF model turned to a Buy mode, after covering its shorts on a break-even trade.

We can see below that the newer model Is keeping its buy signal and will soon be protected by the 0 + Porosity level.
As of now, the messages in the new models have been considerably improved and we are ready to switch to the new model. The only problem left is that I still need to write an explanatory document, which could still take a few days or maybe a week. For those who are interested in following this new model even without the explanatory notes, please send me a private mail and I'll communicate you a specific link where this model can be found.