PDA

View Full Version : TLT EVF which graph?

tentmakers
09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum and loving every minute. I have a quick question which I cannot answer by myself. In comparing a graph for TLT in the "Comment of the Day" for September 19, and the same graph for TLT rendered by entering the ticker in the USA tab, I notice two different results for TLT EVF. The graph in the "Comment of the Day" shows the value for the week as just over -3000 and the graph rendered from the ticker search shows the value for the week just over -4000. Both appear to have a 40 day window. I would love to know why there is a difference? Thank you so much for your work!!

Pascal
09-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum and loving every minute. I have a quick question which I cannot answer by myself. In comparing a graph for TLT in the "Comment of the Day" for September 19, and the same graph for TLT rendered by entering the ticker in the USA tab, I notice two different results for TLT EVF. The graph in the "Comment of the Day" shows the value for the week as just over -3000 and the graph rendered from the ticker search shows the value for the week just over -4000. Both appear to have a 40 day window. I would love to know why there is a difference? Thank you so much for your work!!

Hello Tent, welcome here!

The LEV method uses a rolling widow to calculate the cumulative large players money within that window. The Sept 18 Figure (Published on the Sept 19 comments page) started one day earlier than the Sept 19 Figure that you refer to. Hence, the difference is simply that one day difference.

What is important however is the trend difference between price and LEV at the right of the curve, as well as the general pattern.

Pascal

tentmakers
09-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Thank you!