PDA

View Full Version : End Of Summer Tranquility

Billy
08-27-2012, 12:59 AM
The next 3 weeks of trading will likely be filled with crowd emotions and manipulations surrounding the official news deadlines. I won’t be posting much because technical analysis and planned setups will likely not be valid for more than a few hours if not minutes. I will daytrade only and avoid holding overnight positions whatever happens.
Billy

“As the usual August lull is coming to a close, it is time to identify some key events for macro-minded investors to watch.

August 27-30: The RNC Convention

August 30-September 1: The Jackson Hole Economic Policy Symposium

September 3: Meeting of the EU Finance Ministers

September 3-6: The DNC Convention

September 6: Meeting of the ECB Governing Council

September 12: German Court rules on the legality of the fiscal treaty

September 12-13: Meeting of the FOMC

What to Expect?
http://seekingalpha.com/article/819421-upcoming-events-for-investors-to-watch

adam ali
08-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Billy,

I don't recall ever seeing as much of a dichotomy in these two charts as occurred in the last hour today. Tick was very strong from 2 p.m. EST on, 20DMF was not and neither was price.

Any thoughts?

Billy
08-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Billy,

I don't recall ever seeing as much of a dichotomy in these two charts as occurred in the last hour today. Tick was very strong from 2 p.m. EST on, 20DMF was not and neither was price.

Any thoughts?

The price of IWM was strong on higher volume from yesterday. $TICK was clearly reflecting program buying of small cap baskets with most stocks not included in the 20 DMF.
Conclusion: There is rotation from large caps into small caps which is indicative both of good liquidity and of risk appetite.
Billy