PDA

View Full Version : Update to the Combo-MF strategy

pdp-brugge
07-12-2012, 07:54 AM
An attentive reader of my daily Combo-MF posts may have noticed that I will not open a new LONG trade in GDX at the open today. Although the PM MF signaled a "Bought Oversold" yesterday, I prefer not to take this trade, for now.
The reason for this decision is given in an updated Combo-MF paper attached to this thread.
Please keep in mind that my mother tongue is not English so there may be some linguistic errors.

All feedback is more than welcome!

PdP

Billy
07-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Thank you for this rigorous research and double thanks for sharing it with us.
Your work may pioneer the way to an optimal risk-reward use of the RT and EOD models.
I am eagerly waiting for your optimal position-sizing conclusions,
Best regards,
Billy

Pascal
07-12-2012, 02:16 PM
An attentive reader of my daily Combo-MF posts may have noticed that I will not open a new LONG trade in GDX at the open today. Although the PM MF signaled a "Bought Oversold" yesterday, I prefer not to take this trade, for now.
The reason for this decision is given in an updated Combo-MF paper attached to this thread.
Please keep in mind that my mother tongue is not English so there may be some linguistic errors.

All feedback is more than welcome!

PdP

I agree with Billy!

This type of deep research is what is needed to get confidence in a specific system.

Thanks for this work!

Pascal

brrim
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
PdP; Thank you for your excellent work. I tried looking again at the original paper describing your strategy, but the link no longer works. At your convenience could you please post it again?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Robert

pdp-brugge
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Robert,

I have uploaded my original paper again

Regards,

PdP

asomani
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks for your sharing your hard work, PdP.

Please keep us updated on the results of the live testing of your strategy.