PDA

View Full Version : 20DMF

Pascal
07-05-2012, 03:23 AM
For those who did not notice, on July 3, there were three positive divergences between the SP500 and the 20DMF, indicating three possibilities of a safe buy.

I also post below the update of a Figure posted last week here.

http://www.effectivevolume.com/content.php?1303-Comments-for-July-2-2012

I simply added in blue the returns of the current trade. This trade still has legs. This means that a pull-back today can be bought.

Finally, We have some difficulties with Yahoo Finance, which we use for historical EOD data and the pivots calculations: Since two days ago, Yahoo is duplicating the data of the last day of trading, which makes their downloading API issuing an error code. We believe that they will fix this problem, but until they do, we have no other solution that leaving the Robots in cash. The IWM Robot was anyway in cash, while the GDX Robot is also in cash due to the weak LT/ST edges.

Pascal

pdp-brugge
07-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Pascal,

Is that the same reason why the XLX excel sheet is also not updated?

PdP

Pascal
07-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Yes, it is.

Pascal

Pascal
07-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Pascal,

Is that the same reason why the XLX excel sheet is also not updated?

PdP

I just updated the XLX Tables.
It was done manually since Yahoo is still out of order.

Pascal

Timothy Clontz
07-05-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm having the same problem.

They've been doing some other things behind the scenes that took my macros offline for a few days until I bought a program to do the downloading I had been doing for free.

I'm suspecting they are attempting to have realtime data on the historical chart, because I noticed on Tuesday that intraday they had July 3rd listed.

That means that EOD may very well stay duplicated as a "feature".

Pascal
07-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm having the same problem.

They've been doing some other things behind the scenes that took my macros offline for a few days until I bought a program to do the downloading I had been doing for free.

I'm suspecting they are attempting to have realtime data on the historical chart, because I noticed on Tuesday that intraday they had July 3rd listed.

That means that EOD may very well stay duplicated as a "feature".

It seems that Yahoo fixed the error.

Pascal

Timothy Clontz
07-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I really think they are TRYING to give real time data... and goofing up everything in the process.