PDA

View Full Version : 4-4-12 After the close

Mike
04-04-2012, 04:13 PM
The Market Exposure Model exposure count is back up to +7 after dipping to +6 after yesterday's action.
The increase comes from a B10 distribution buy back signal caused by aging the 2/29 distribution out of the count.
The distribution count is now 4. Leadership for the most part is holding up. INVN, FIO, CMI, SIMO appear to be struggling. I remain in the market with: KORS, LNKD, PCLN, ISRG, BWLD, GNC, SXCI

Riskslayer
04-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Hi Mike,

I am trying to follow along on the Market Exposure Model count.

If the Feb 29 DD fell off EOD Apr 4 (25 day window), but we had a DD today, Wed, Apr 4, then isn't the Distribution Count maintained at 5 and there is not a B10?? and, thus not a Exposure Count increase?

I understand that volume can be relatively variable based on different data sources; thus making DD declarations contradictory/problematical, so maybe that is in play here.. I am using the eSignal data set.

Thanks,

shawn

Mike
04-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi Mike,

I am trying to follow along on the Market Exposure Model count.

If the Feb 29 DD fell off EOD Apr 4 (25 day window), but we had a DD today, Wed, Apr 4, then isn't the Distribution Count maintained at 5 and there is not a B10?? and, thus not a Exposure Count increase?

I understand that volume can be relatively variable based on different data sources; thus making DD declarations contradictory/problematical, so maybe that is in play here.. I am using the eSignal data set.

Thanks,

shawn

shawn,

You are using later data than I had available when I made my post. eSignal at the time showed lower volume on the NASDAQ. There was late volume that led to distribution on the NASDAQ that my data did not show at the time. So we did see distribution and the fact that a day came off the count at the same time, no change in the distribution count and no B10 buy signal... This ends up with a +6 Exposure Count instead of the +7 I reported earlier...