The displayed message is in error.
We are still long.

Pascal

TraderD
02-21-2012, 11:33 AM
The displayed message is in error.
We are still long.

Pascal

Pascal, you mentioned that the new ETFs model has no "moving knobs". Is that also the case for the current GDX robot? Otherwise, what would the robot look for next?

Thanks,

Trader D

Pascal
02-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Pascal, you mentioned that the new ETFs model has no "moving knobs". Is that also the case for the current GDX robot? Otherwise, what would the robot look for next?

Thanks,

Trader D

I am running only one ETF model. The same for all ETFs, otherwise maintenance becomes a real issue.
The GDX Direction model is now above a protection state (the 0 level, which is more than 2 days away) and below the Overbought state, which is at about 1.3%. Once that level is reached, it will become a new protection level.

Basically, there is nothing to do: keep the position and raise the stops when required.

Pascal

TraderD
02-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I am running only one ETF model. The same for all ETFs, otherwise maintenance becomes a real issue. The GDX Direction model is now above a protection state (the 0 level, which is more than 2 days away) and below the Overbought state, which is at about 1.3%. Once that level is reached, it will become a new protection level. Basically, there is nothing to do: keep the position and raise the stops when required.
Pascal

Thanks, Pascal. Is the 1.3 threshold a "fixed knob" for all ETFs then? Would it make sense to have a cascade of protection levels other than 0.0 and 1.3? I'm also not sure how the protection levels and the stops co-interact, are they merely serving as an independent (price-based) protection level?

Trader D

Pascal
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks, Pascal. Is the 1.3 threshold a "fixed knob" for all ETFs then? Would it make sense to have a cascade of protection levels other than 0.0 and 1.3? I'm also not sure how the protection levels and the stops co-interact, are they merely serving as an independent (price-based) protection level?

Trader D

There are still parameters in the model, but these are now "self-discovering" and they will adapt to the market environment. This is why I wrote that the OB level is "about" 1.3% for GDX. It is at that level now, but this might change.

There is a fixed - last line of defense - stop in the model, but this stop is hit about 2% of the time. Usually, the trade is exited on a signal change or when we reach a protection level.

Pascal

TraderD
02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
There are still parameters in the model, but these are now "self-discovering" and they will adapt to the market environment. This is why I wrote that the OB level is "about" 1.3% for GDX. It is at that level now, but this might change. There is a fixed - last line of defense - stop in the model, but this stop is hit about 2% of the time. Usually, the trade is exited on a signal change or when we reach a protection level.
Pascal

Signal threshold self-discovery (or adaptation) and scarce use of a stop sound great!

Trader D