PDA

View Full Version : Day trading

manucastle
02-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Due to the nature of the markets at the moment and the Robot neutralities I have been considering day trading using our new tool the 20DMF Real Time View.

As you know the problem is, since 012512, the 20DMF Real Time has been trending down while IWM has been trending up !

This currently allows me no edge so back to the drawing board I suppose.

(Incidentally, since 20DMF is measuring the big money flow can we take it that the big money is totally misreading the market for the last couple of weeks and is this very unusual market action over the last 3 years ?)

Trev
ps - Am I reading this incorrectly or is the 20DMF Real Time trending down at the same time IWM Total Effective Volume is trending up ? Is this a contradiction ?

dwn
02-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Due to the nature of the markets at the moment and the Robot neutralities I have been considering day trading using our new tool the 20DMF Real Time View.

As you know the problem is, since 012512, the 20DMF Real Time has been trending down while IWM has been trending up !

This currently allows me no edge so back to the drawing board I suppose.

(Incidentally, since 20DMF is measuring the big money flow can we take it that the big money is totally misreading the market for the last couple of weeks and is this very unusual market action over the last 3 years ?)

Trev
ps - Am I reading this incorrectly or is the 20DMF Real Time trending down at the same time IWM Total Effective Volume is trending up ? Is this a contradiction ?

Trev,

Thread: Tick Status / Interpretations

Taken from EB: 10-26-2011 8:05 AM

“. . . One thing I've empirically noticed in this up leg is the cume Ticks have been getting whipsawed more by their MAs (I only watch Billy's). From the August low to the most recent low, simply trading the cross of the 10 hour was very profitable. . . .“

Not exactly a day trading strategy -- but check out Billy's cumulative $TICK for the last fifteen or so trading days.

Regards,
Dan

manucastle
02-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Trev,

Thread: Tick Status / Interpretations

Taken from EB: 10-26-2011 8:05 AM

“. . . One thing I've empirically noticed in this up leg is the cume Ticks have been getting whipsawed more by their MAs (I only watch Billy's). From the August low to the most recent low, simply trading the cross of the 10 hour was very profitable. . . .“

Not exactly a day trading strategy -- but check out Billy's cumulative $TICK for the last fifteen or so trading days.

Regards,
Dan

Just had a quick look at the Russell 2000 TIK index $TIKRL and the 10 hour is showing a constant uptrend since 17:15 on 013112

Trev