PDA

View Full Version : Pascal's Connection Problems (RT operational from secondary environment)

Billy
02-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Pascal asked me to post a message to let everyone know that he has internet connection problems today.
His database may also not be working properly in RT.
Billy

admin
02-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Hello everyone,

Pascal's Internet Service Provider (Belgacom) is still having issues and therefore the RT update is not functional as of now. We are taking steps to provide the RT update from another source, will post update here when it is up.

admin
02-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Hello again everyone,

RT is up and running from the backup environment, the only difference is that the refresh interval is now every 2 minutes as opposed to 1 minute from the primary.

We will update here when the primary update has been restored.

Thank you

Riskslayer
02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
You guys are really great for having a back-up system squared-away!!

Thanks,

Shawn

admin
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM
The ISP issues were resolved, there was a name server failure at Pascal's ISP (Belgacom) that caused a regional brown-out for a while.

We are now again up and running normally from the primary computation system and updates are @ 1 min.

canucck
02-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but I thought that we would not have RT access until sometime later in February. Can you provide the link for access if it is now available to subscribers? Thank you.

Billy
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but I thought that we would not have RT access until sometime later in February. Can you provide the link for access if it is now available to subscribers? Thank you.

The link is now open to dual robot subscribers in the Robot menu.
Note that today's first 13 minutes are missing due to the connection problems.
Billy

Timothy Clontz
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM
My office limits my web access to Internet Explorer 8 and does not allow any other browsers. Can the RT I.E. 8 incompatibility problem be fixed?

Billy
02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
My office limits my web access to Internet Explorer 8 and does not allow any other browsers. Can the RT I.E. 8 incompatibility problem be fixed?

Tim,

The best is to access with Firefox browser.
I know most of IE 8 problems have been fixed. Thanassis or Pascal may provide better technical details.
Billy

canucck
02-01-2012, 02:12 PM
The link is now open to dual robot subscribers in the Robot menu.
Note that today's first 13 minutes are missing due to the connection problems.
Billy

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate the good work that your team is doing!

Billy
02-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Tim,

The best is to access with Firefox browser.
I know most of IE 8 problems have been fixed. Thanassis or Pascal may provide better technical details.
Billy

Tim,

Upto know we fully support chrome, mozzila, opera, safari, IE 7.0
and IE 9.0.
We are still working on IE 8.0 issues.
Billy

Timothy Clontz
02-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I was able to get firefox to work. Couldn't before.

beersb
02-03-2012, 03:27 PM
I am in thailand and accessing the RT data for the first time. It is 3:30 AM here which is 3:30 PM on Feb 3 in New York. I am accessing the EV website from my computer in Virginia via remote connection.
The real time EV data does not seem to be updating. It is not clear to me what I need to do to make it happern. No descriptive text, so am assuming alll is automatic.
Suggestion???
BirderBrian

beersb
02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
I have been using this browser historically for the EV site. Is that the issue? IE will not work but Firefox will? How about Chrome?

beersb
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Tim,

Upto know we fully support chrome, mozzila, opera, safari, IE 7.0
and IE 9.0.
We are still working on IE 8.0 issues.
Billy

Thanks. All is well when I switched to Chrome.
birderbrian