View Full Version : Gdx rt

Pascal
01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Good accumulation today.

Pascal

TraderD
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Good accumulation today.

Are you interpreting the positive divergence of MF vs Price as a sign of accumulation or the MF uptrend by itself? What would change that viewpoint as far as the RT chart is concerned?

Trader D

Pascal
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Are you interpreting the positive divergence of MF vs Price as a sign of accumulation or the MF uptrend by itself? What would change that viewpoint as far as the RT chart is concerned?

Trader D

This is indeed accumulation. I however already have a big long position and I would not buy here, except if we fell back down to 54 with a positive divergence.

I will sell the position either if we hit the trailing stop or of the GDX MF falls below the 0 level, which is more than 3.5 days away.

By the way, The counting of the number of days will change as soon as we enter into the overbought territory. From that point , we will switch to a "sell in strength" mode from the "protected buy mode" we are in today. I will post messages when this occurs.

Pascal

TraderD
01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
The counting of the number of days will change as soon as we enter into the overbought territory. From that point , we will switch to a "sell in strength" mode from the "protected buy mode" we are in today.

Pascal

Thanks, Pascal. I find the mode switch from "protected buy mode" to "sell in strength" to be most interesting and worth further exploration in the current environment as the price action largely stays range-bound and "hypothetical" price targets are hit and followed with rather decisive retreats/reversals.

Trader D

adam ali
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
"I find the mode switch from "protected buy mode" to "sell in strength" to be most interesting and worth further exploration..."

I do, too, and would like to understand more fully how this actually works. And does this apply to the IWM Robot and 20DMF as well?

Pascal
01-10-2012, 03:17 PM
"I find the mode switch from "protected buy mode" to "sell in strength" to be most interesting and worth further exploration..."

I do, too, and would like to understand more fully how this actually works. And does this apply to the IWM Robot and 20DMF as well?

The Overbought/Oversold conditions of the GDX MF are explained here:

http://www.effectivevolume.eu/content/Reports/GDX_Direction_Model_Improvements_of_December_2011. pdf

The 20DMF works differently, because the whole market is less "emotional" than GDX.

Pascal

adam ali
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks, Pascal.

slgerritz
01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
What time zone are the RT charts set to?
Steve

This is indeed accumulation. I however already have a big long position and I would not buy here, except if we fell back down to 54 with a positive divergence.

I will sell the position either if we hit the trailing stop or of the GDX MF falls below the 0 level, which is more than 3.5 days away.

By the way, The counting of the number of days will change as soon as we enter into the overbought territory. From that point , we will switch to a "sell in strength" mode from the "protected buy mode" we are in today. I will post messages when this occurs.

Pascal

Billy
01-11-2012, 01:09 PM
What time zone are the RT charts set to?
Steve

Standard New York ET time zone.
Billy