PDA

View Full Version : CFD - Contract For Difference

pdp-brugge
12-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Does anyone have serious experience with CFDs (Contract ForDifference)?
It seems like a valid alternative for triple ETFs if you take your money management well organized because CFDs can give you leverage of 1/15 or more.

My best wishes to all for the coming New Year.

PdP Brugge

Andrei
12-27-2011, 02:43 PM
It seems like a valid alternative for triple ETFs if you take your money management well organized because CFDs can give you leverage of 1/15 or more.

PdP Brugge

Pdp,

There is nothing wrong with trading CFD I believe, on the condition that you trust your broker. In the case of CFD, most of the times the market maker for the contract is your broker, thus potentially creating a conflict of interests. There have been reports about brokers using unfair practices against clients. Otherwise, they act exactly like futures, some even repeating rollover and dividend structure. And, leverage may vary from firm to firm.

Happy New Year!

Jetus
01-08-2012, 07:27 PM

PdP Brugge

Hi;
I would like to hear about this as well. I don't believe that CFD's are available in the States. I have only seen Australian brokers offer these. Has anybody traded these? Are commissions high? Can they be used for intraday trading or best as a swing trade?